Authors Note

(Chapter will be posted immediately after this)

Today, this week was a really pivotal point in my life.

I finished my internship, I moved into my first apartment on my own (nearly went crazy building a tv stand), and I fucking graduated from college today  (5/4)!

These past four years haven't been easy. From entering during Covid, a hospitalization, an arrest, to dealing with abusive coaches and bosses, and wrestling my own insecurities regarding my future. And at least right now, I'm so grateful for all of it.

Because I've been inspired by our resilience as humans. I've made friends and memories I will always hold close to my heart. I have worked tirelessly to cope with big changes and loss in a healthy way, and I've learned how to lean on others. Letting go of the sport I love allowed me to focus on my true passions.

I help people. I've learned how to be kind and support others through times of crisis. I face every day with the intention of making at least one persons day be a little bit better.

And I'm a fucking writer.

Since elementary school, all I've wanted was to write my stories and have someone read them.

Each and every one of you has done that for me.

Thank you. I can't describe how incredibly grateful I am.

So here's some advice from someone you only know through a screen:

It does get better.

Life is hard and it sucks and it's so scary.

Until you laugh again. You'll always laugh again. You'll have several moments where you're just purely and entirely happy. Listening to music as you drive, watching a sunset, or finishing a puzzle- wherever it may be, even if it's just for a second, you will feel peace.

Nothing lasts forever.

My New Year's resolution for 2024 is something that helps me through the harder days, and it might help you so here it is.

"I refuse to be the first one to give up on myself"

Someone out there believes in you. If you can't find one, leave a comment and I will. I don't have to know you to know how much courage life requires, and that you being here despite the suffering makes you strong.

I'm happy to say that I accepted a full time position in my field beginning next week. Eventually, I'll go to graduate school, but right now- I wanna meet as many people as I can. I want to make a difference. I want to write.

And I will. Even though four years ago I couldn't see a future, even though the picture can be a little blurry at times- I want to see how it turns out.

So thank you.

Let's see how this story turns out, shall we?