22

TW: Child sexual assault
(This chapter has... minimal? descriptions rather than just mere mentions. It's not in depth or super detailed but there's more detail than previous so fair warning lol)

Yamada did not look pleased when he rejoined Deku in the waiting room of the police station.

So of course, as soon as the car door shuts, he asks, "Are you mad?"

The blondes eyes softened, "No, baby. I'm not mad."

Truthfully, he doesn't know exactly how he's feeling.

So naturally, he begins to chuckle, resting his forehead against the steering wheel as the giggles take over.

Deku stares at the madman beside him with wide eyes. He'd been so prepared for a quick Well, you seem mad before the man had turned into the crazy kind of mad.

"What the fuck?" The incredulous tone doesn't match the small smile that plays on his lips, Yamadas contagious laughter fighting to catch him.

Finally, the giggles not quite gone he sits up. With a wide and relaxed grin he says, "God, you can be such a little shit sometimes."

Parents don't actually watch the interviews, but they meet before and after to go over what was discussed.

'He's very well-behaved' and 'Deku might be the sweetest kid I've ever met' had definitely worked its way into the pre interview discussion.

And Deku had apparently worked to prove his foster dad wrong.

"Okay, but that lady was trying to trick me and she wouldn't stop," the boy sighs in relief. There was still a chance the man could be angry, but he let himself be swept away with the strange yet positive energy that surrounds him.

Honestly, the interview wasn't too terrible. He was more focused on not letting any identifiable information slip out to really be affected by his trauma.

But man, that lady was irritating.

"And what were you feeling in your body when that was happening?" She had asked in a well-practiced gentle voice.

"Pain." Duh.

"And where were you feeling that?"

Deku rolled his eyes. He had just given her a fairly detailed account of the second assault he'd experienced, "Everywhere."

"Can you be more specific?"

No, was his first instinct. But he'd promised Yamada that he'd try, "My ass."

She'd scribbled the words down as if it was the most important detail in the world and asked, "What did that pain feel like?"

"It hurt."

She sighed, though had at least attempted to hide it, "Is there anything else you can describe it as?"

"Burning."

And that was the productive part of the twenty minute interview.

The somber mood returns when Yamada sighs, leaning back against the seat. Deku lets him think, though watches carefully, growing more tense as the seconds pass by.

"I'm not angry," the man finally states, "And I wouldn't even call it disappointment. You've always told us you wouldn't say anything to incriminate anyone, and you kept that promise."

He smiles sadly, eyes falling to his lap, "I guess I'm just a bit bummed that the men who... hurt you aren't going to see any justice."

A part of the teenager wants to comfort him. He wants to tell him a few are dead and in jail, that they aren't hurting anyone else.