23

TW: brief mention of sex work

"Boys!" Aizawa calls from the kitchen, "It's time for you to head back."

He definitely hadn't been eyeing the clock for fifteen minutes straight waiting for 8 to hit.

Shinsou rolls his eyes, though the moment of attitude nearly makes him drive off the mushroom, "Five more minutes! We need to finish the race!"

Him and his boyfriend sit on opposite ends of the couch after three near misses of Kaminari's elbow to his jaw. It didn't matter how many times he told the blonde that, no, Mario Kart does not care whether your entire body moves with the remote.

Todoroki sits on the chair, Deku on the ground between his legs. Deku was more than willing to alternate races with the little girl beside him as they were evenly matched for skill level. They'd even managed to get 11th once (not Eri, definitely not- they were a team after all).

"Hitoshi-"

"Two minutes, I promise!"

"You think I won't unplug the tv? A second over-"

His son doesn't know he'd turned the corner to peer into the living room, "Yeah, yeah, I know!" He shouts before grumbling, "So lame."

"So lame!" Eri agrees wholeheartedly.

His teenagers knew favorite phrase had infested his sweet baby.

Aizawa approaches quickly but quietly, startling his daughter, "Lame, huh?" He snatches her around the waist, smiling as she giggles from being flipped and twirled around his arms.

With her settled over his shoulder, he glances at the full room. Shinsou, Kaminari, and Todoroki were intensely focused, bumper to bumper to get first place.

Deku on the other hand, he looked ready to throw the remote at the tv when he falls into the black pit twice in a row.

Todoroki takes the gold with Shinsou right behind, just under the two minute mark. The man turns off the tv while his son pouts before going over to him. With his free arm, he cradles his head and places a kiss on top of the messy purple hair, "Good night, Toshi."

He pulls away, ignoring the boys glare, "I'm going to get Eri ready for bed." Naturally, the mere mention of bedtime causes the girl to whine, "I'll see you in the morning."

Deku and Todoroki are left alone after Aizawa walks down the hall and the other two boys make their way back to the dorms.

The two hadn't really had a chance to talk. Well, they had the chance but chose to avoid the subject. They'd planned to study after school, but instead found Shinsou and Kaminari setting up for an intense Mario Kart competition. And the distraction was welcome.

Deku had began to see the counselor twice a week, and with the workstudy schedule, this had been the first time they'd seen each other since Saturday.

However, despite the quiet tension, they're both relieved.

Because this afternoon felt normal. Reassuring them both that the other wasn't angry and that more normal days would soon follow.

"How's Kacchan doing?" He asks as Shoto slips on his shoes.

Todoroki thinks for a second.

Bakugo had really started to grow. This entire situation was a wake up call.

"Overall, I think he's doing okay," he says quietly, "He's frustrated with himself and feels really guilty... and he's sad."

Deku only nods.