18

"Just leave me alone!" Deku snaps as Todoroki's hand encloses around his wrist.

The other boy pulls him into his chest, radiating warmth on the chilly night, "Please, Deku."

Deku had never been a touchy feely kind of guy. But he was so tired.

So he keeps his mouth shut, reluctantly wrapping his arms around Shotos waist. He closes his eyes, relaxing as the boys fingers gently comb his hair, "He shouldn't have said those things. And I'm sorry that he hurt you."

He grimaces when the boy lets go, looking up before grabbing his hand, "It's not your fault..." Deku begins to walk. Their hands fit perfectly together, "It's not his either. But you have to understand: I am not a victim."

"You're not," Todoroki sighs, "You're a survivor."

"What pamphlet did you pull that from?" Deku asks with a smile.

The sun paints the sky a gorgeous shade of orange and red, scattered yellow clouds glistening. It was beautiful. But despite the promise of the endless sky and the comfort of night, Deku had never felt more trapped.

"I know... I know that I'm dirty, that I'm used goods. Bakugo was right, it made me feel like shit."

Even now he can see himself in an alley. His knees burning against the hard pavement, the smell of the dumpster they'd hide behind.

He squeezes Todoroki's hand tight to keep himself from shaking, "But I can't take it back. So I can either feel like shit for the rest of my life or I can get over it."

Shoto's eyes watch the boy at his side. He has never been good at identifying his emotions, but always thought logically, "He's not mad that you were a sex worker."

His face twists in confusion. He was sure that the two were disgusted by him. He had gotten them into bed without saying a word about his past, he felt like he'd tricked them, "Then why did he react like that?"

The silence was long as the boy took his time to think over his answer. It was almost funny to Deku, how collected Shoto was and how hotheaded Bakugo could be. His hand was warm, and he didn't want to let go.

"You... you know that life is unfair, and so does he. You just fight against it in different ways, I guess."

"What are you talking about?"

Todoroki purses his lips, shoving his empty hand in his pocket. It was hard to describe, and he didn't want to say the wrong thing. Still, the boys puppy eyes make him speak, "Like... when something bad happens to you, you get up and keep walking forward. Katsuki, when he's knocked down, he goes after the cause. And he won't move forward until the threat's been taken out."

"Yeah, because he has the time." Shoto's analysis was wrong. Deku didn't walk, he ran. Not because he had somewhere to be, but because if he stopped or slowed down for even a second- that's when it would get him.

"He's not mad that you broke the law. That you," he hesitates before continuing, ultimately deciding nothing could be worse than what his idiot boyfriend had said, "He's not mad that you traded sex for survival. He's... He's mad at the world and he took it out on you because you don't seem to care."

Deku sets his jaw. He takes his hand back, walking a little bit faster as the teachers building comes into view, "He wants justice for what happened to you. And so do I."

"So you're taking his side, good to know."

Todoroki doesn't miss the change in tone. His guard was up, "What he said to you was inappropriate. But it's not about sides."