33

Himiko Toga had only stopped to cry when she slept.  Huddled into a ball in the vast and empty space. What her and Deku sat on was almost the floor, just like there were almost walls keeping them together. Emptiness, unending white that none could explore.

The only thing present was a barrier of sorts, caging Dabi in the corner of the room.

Deku couldn't even be angry with them through Togas constant tears and Dabi's endless rage. Because despite his own form matching what his body looked like outside, the villains couldn't be older than six years old.

"LET ME OUT OF HERE!" The little villain screamed for the thousandth time.

Out there, he would have lost his voice by now.

"I don't know what to tell you," he stares blankly past the pale blue barrier, "I don't control anything in here."

"BULLSHIT!"

It's the truth.

He would have done anything to have never entered this space again. From the very first time, he knew that this place was his own personal hell.

Time didn't exist, especially for him. His two companions could rest, sleep when they tired themselves out. But he just lay there, because this was his mind, his home. How can one enter a dream when their consciousness is already present in one?

There was no pain or any bodily sensations. No cold or warmth. Only emotional anguish that would eventually drive everyone mad.

If he had to guess, it had been about four days. Dabi slept once, Toga slept twice.

It took everything to keep himself in a restful state. Once one emotion was allowed to enter, more would come along until the panic of being stuck set in.

When he first got the quirk, he went crazy from the voice in his head screaming to get out. The unconscious woman had been tied up. A five year old Deku learned how to use a knife, so consumed by his pain he hadn't realized what he'd done until he was covered in the helpless woman's blood.

Dad gave him extra fries that night.

No, that's not his dad, not anymore. But from the time he came up with this plan in the underground cave the Commission had housed him in, he had already forgotten the bastards name, so there's nothing else to call him.

Deku. Kid.

At least he had a name.

Deku smiles slightly, opening his eyes again. He had another name. But he forgot. Just like his father intended.

So he couldn't wake up.

The only way to leave his hell was to say his full name. The only person who knew his name was dead, so no one on the outside could save him either.

But that's okay.

After what he did to Eri, he's not too far from Dabi. At least he could say he's grown up a little bit.

And yet every time he starts to get annoyed, all it takes is one look at the scared little boy to snap him out of it.

However, when he begins to cuss out the girl, Deku finally responds, "JUST SHUT UP! FUCK!"

He bangs against the barrier, "THEN TURN ME BACK TO NORMAL! GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

"I CAN'T," he screams, rivaling Present Mics shrill volume. He storms towards him, hitting the wall right back, "I'm just as fucking trapped as you are, so stop being so fucking mad and figuring out how to get outta that cage!"

"You have no idea how mad I am."

Deku smirks, crossing his arms, "Pretty sure your little soap opera got that point across."