11

Having the apartment stuffed full of teenagers didn't help Izukus sour mood.

It'd been nearly about four days since his fight with Bakugo and Todoroki, and he was still stewing over it. And now there were so many people in his space that they couldn't all fit at the table for family 'dinner'.

He wasn't the only one suffering.

Him and Shinsou were gloomy, just waiting for this stupid night to end. Kaminari was glued to his foster brothers side, trying to keep the fake smile on his face at all times, which annoyed the hell out of Deku.

Amajiki and Mirio spoke with Yamada while Nejire played dolls with Eri who kept running around trying to get everyone else to join them.

When Aizawa finally arrives with the pizza, the three first years are quick to volunteer to grab dishes and drinks from the kitchen to escape the chaos.

The second they're out of the living room, Kaminari sighs and closes his eyes. Shinsou rolls his eyes, walking straight past him.

"You don't seem like the type to hate this sort of thing," Deku comments as he grabs plastic cups from the upper cupboard.

"It's impossible to go up against the golden trio," Denki groans, "They're literally perfect. Top three of their class, awesome quirks, and crazy smart. EraserMic fucking loves them."

He raises an eyebrow at the bitter tone. From what he'd heard from Shinsou and his soulmates, he was under the impression that Denki Kaminari was nothing short of a ray of sunshine. Apparently not.

"Give it time," Shinsous irritation only grows the more his boyfriend pouts, "They just need to get to know you."

"They see me everyday!" Kaminari snaps, leaning against the counter. He lowers his glare when he finds his boyfriend matching it, "Mic is fine, but your dad despises me."

"How many times do I have to explain this to you?!" He slams the soda on the counter, catching both boys off guard, "Seriously, we've been having this argument for days and every time I tell you that he doesn't- it's just how he is."

"He doesn't think I'm good enough for you-"

"Why don't you stop projecting your own insecurities on my father?"

Deku has to hold in his snort, hiding his smile beneath his hand. Kaminari whips his head towards his boyfriend with a dark glare. He grabs the cups, muttering as he storms out, "Fuck you, Toshi."

Shinsou has an unbothered look on his face, avoiding his brothers eyes, "Trouble in paradise?"

"Die."

The boy can't help but chuckle to himself, following the purple hair into the living room.

For eight people, they'd ordered six pizzas. It would be stupid to underestimate five teenagers appetite.

Nejire and Eri giggle over something while most of the boys just eat happily with the movie playing in the background. Dekus about to reach for a slice when Aizawa slides an entire box towards him, "Here," he instructs quietly, "Only take one slice at a time and eat it slowly. You can have five now and we'll save the rest for you if you get hungry later, okay?"

The boy frowns, but nods. He could easily eat an entire pizza by himself. But since the doctors appointment, both him and Yamada watched him like a hawk.

So he just eats quietly, pretty much ignored throughout the entire meal, which is why he's surprised when Nejire turns and addresses him on his third slice, "What do you like Deku-Chan?"

He gives his foster father a side eye without meaning to, though he's focused on his own conversation with Mirio and Amajiki. He puts the slice down, rather shakily in case a quick glance would find him, "Science, I guess."