14

A/N: Happy holidays! This chapters a little shorter than my other ones. Next part will be up within the week and there's gonna be a short update notice in the ending authors note! I hope everyone had a good time relaxing by themselves or with their families, and if you didn't, well hey- it's almost over (plus ya got two fluffy chapters to look forward to 😁)

Deku freezes before they even approach the door. Jesus Christ this was dumb.

"God I am so stupid," he groans, running his hand through his hair, "What the fuck am I even doing here?"

Shinsou rolls his eyes, but can't help but smirk. He doesn't dare face him, knowing he can't hide it, "It's not stupid. Surprising your soulmates is sweet."

"Did that loudmouth blonde tell you to say that? Like father like son, stupid fucking gossips," he grumbles as he turns away, "This is stupid I'm going home-"

"Nah-uh," his collar is yanked back by his foster brother, who proceeds to drag him through the door, "You made it this far, we're going in."

Deku stumbles over his feet, grabbing at the hand that pulls him with inhuman strength, "Shinsou!" He snaps as the door shuts behind them, "Hitoshi Shinsou, let me go! Let me go right now- oof!"

He doesn't even have time to process the situation, just finds himself being frogmarched up the stairs, "God you fucking suck!"

"Just shut up, they'll love it."

Stupid, he looks so fucking stupid it's unbelievable. He'd never cared about looking like an idiot before, but for some godforsaken reason he was self conscious for trying to do something nice for annoying hero students.

Okay, he needs to pull himself together. Those soulmates of his couldn't see him flustered.

So chalked full with fake confidence, he finds himself in front of a door. He takes a breath, but his impatient foster brother reaches over his shoulder and knocks firmly.

"WHADDYA WANT DUNCEFACE-"

"Be nice."

"Don't open the door!"

Deku tilts his head at their loud exchange, but nearly jumps straight back into Shinsous chest when the door opens revealing one of his annoying soulmates.

"Deku?!" The boy grins widely, "What are you doing here?"

Why would he be blushing over seeing someone shirtless? That is not something to blush over, "I, uh-"

The three of them hear a crash as the blonde bounds to the door, shoving his boyfriend slightly as he stares in disbelief before his eyes widen, "What are you doing?" He glances at the boys ankle, though can't see anything over the pants, "Youre gonna get in trouble stupid Deku! It's 3:45, you were supposed to be back fifteen minutes ago!"

"You're lookin at a free man!" The boy growls when Shinsou places both hands on his shoulder, pushing him forward, "Well freeish. Make sure he's back by 6:30 for dinner- have fun," he sings before leaving to find his own boyfriend.

"Wait, what?" Todoroki asks with a smile.

Deku steps into the room. He was already here, he may as well dive in head first. Though that mindset did nothing to help his red face, "Yeah. Yamada asked the judge to give me a later curfew to help me socialize better with peers or whatever."

"Yesterday? You should have called us!"

Embarassing wasn't a strong enough word to describe how he felt when Bakugo nails it on the head. He slings his arm around Todoroki's shoulder, a smug smirk accompanied by a glint in his eyes as he says, "Deku wanted to surprise us."