Late Nights | Calum

You and Calum had been sleeping for a solid hour before your little one let out an ear piercing wail from her room down the hall.

Calum heard it first, as he was closer to the baby monitor, and jumped from the bed in just his boxers. He rushed down the hall and into his baby girl's room, scooping her from the crib and holding her close to his chest.

"Hi, baby girl," He cooed. "What are you doing awake?"

The six month old baby looked up at him, blinking. She let out another whine. Calum began bouncing back and forth in an attempt to soothe her back to sleep.

"Come one Harper, go to sleep for daddy!" He mumbled quietly. She snuggled further into his chest, finding comfort in the warmth of his bare skin.

Calum moved to the rocking chair and sat down, rubbing his little girl's back and she began to fall asleep slowly.

Once she was finally out, Calum tried to lay her back in her crib carefully but she let out another wail the second her body was removed from his. He sighed, before settling back into the chair and grabbing a blanket to lay over her.

The next morning you woke to find Calum's side of the bed empty. You walked quietly down the hall to find Calum fast asleep in the rocking chair with Harper laid across his chest. Her head was nestled in his neck with his hands holding her back protectively.