Chapter 48

It will rain- Bruno Mars

Marcelo pov.
♚♚♚
"If it was up to me I'll let you drink yourself to death. So get up you fucking idiot." I grabbed Nico up. Who was close to pissing me off.

I love Zaliah... a lot... more than anything. More than myself. But I can't stand her fucking brother.

Nico is just so... so much

"I feel dead inside." He let out a dramatic sigh as he laid his head on the bar. Taking out my phone I called Zaliah.

Her phone went straight to voicemail. She's probably sleeping.

"Listen. Daisy just didn't want you." I simply said. "The day you gain confidence and learn how women think you'll have so much game." I told him truthfully.

He looked up, his eyes glistening with hope. "Really?"

"Yes. Now get up and have fun. Don't go too far." I patted his back as he walked away.

Reminded me of my days with Carlos. They are much alike. Carlos used to be just like Nico. Had a hard time being confident and had zero games. Now look at him, have a baby and probably other baby mommas.

Taking a sip from my glass I watched Carlos talk to the women circling around him. I already told him no overnight babysitting tonight.

In hopes of getting lucky tonight.

"Hey.. I'm Clair." I looked to my side to a lady leaning too close for comfort. "I'm married." I grumbled under my breath as I lifted my cup to my lips proudly showing off my ring.

"Ah that's too bad. Is she here?" She attempted to look innocent as she looked around. I didn't even respond as I walked away from her. My phone began ringing, looking down I saw the caller Id.

My wife.

"I was just thinking-"

"She took her." She's crying...looking at Carlos I motioned for him to come over. "What are you talking about Tesoro?"

"Please just get here."

Zaliah pov
❁❁❁
Five minutes. The club is fifteen minutes away and he came in five.

Carlos looked around frantically as I could see his face turning red. Marcelo held the ice pack on my ankle even though I told him I was fine.

I watched as Marcelo's men took the dead body away, cleaning up the blood splatters and the knocked over decorations. Nico was knocked out in the guest room. Drunk.

"What the fuck is wrong with her! She has my baby girl." Carlos yelled at me. I knew he was upset so I didn't feel any way.

My heart was pounding as I thought of Lotties diagnosis. "Schizophrenic"

Carlos paused and so did Marcelo. "She wouldn't hurt her though! She just thinks she's Lilly."

"I swear when I see her she's dead."

My eyebrows scrunched up. "You're not killing her." I looked to Marcelo. "She's sick. Okay we all are something's just push us off the edge but she won't hurt her. Okay? I'll find her." I moved my leg from on top of Marcelo.

Standing up I ignored the pain as I limped to my room. Grabbing a pair of supportive shoes. "Zaliah lie down. We got this. Carlos already left and we have people out looking for her." Marcelo took my shoe from my hand.

"No, because you're going to hurt her. I know Carlos won't be able to help himself." I grunt as I snatched my
Shoe back forcing it on my foot. My ankle is throbbing in pain.

"Zaliah." He said in a warning tone. "Marcelo." I reciprocated.

Marcelo shrugged with a smile. "You leave me no choice." He walked out the room quickly closing the door. Walking over to the door I attempted to open it.

This mother fucker.

Banging on the door I attempted to open it still. "Marcelo! It's just a sprained ankle."

"Love you!"

*

It's been an hour. The door is indestructible. Taking my pointy louboutin heel I kissed the pointed heel before banging it on the door. The door began to finally break.little at a time but at least it's working.

I continued doing that. So maybe a lamp wasn't the smartest choice to start with.

Once I had a hole big enough I moved the chair he had against the knob and opened the door letting myself out.

Walking over to the counter where I usually throw my ourse down I opened my purse looking for my keys. Not only did he take my keys he also took my lighter.

Why would he take that?

That's my special lighter so I better get it back.

Pulling my phone out of my purse I called Slyiva.

After a couple of rings she answered "Zaliah it's two in the morning." She groaned.

"Lottie took Clementine. Marcelo locked me in a room because this guy named Daniel threw me across the room and I landed on my ankle so now it's sprained and Marcelo took my keys. Can I get a ride?" I rushed everything out.

"Um- yeah I'm on the way."

*

I thought I'm on the way meant just Sylvia but apparently it meant Daisy too. Sylvia thinks Lottie went to the lake that she grew up at.

"Shit I didn't think much of it but she stopped taking her meds." Sylvia hit the wheel in frustration.

"It's okay we're going to find her." Daisy rubbed her shoulder comfortingly.

"We just need to get there before Carlos gets there. She has Clementines." I informed Daisy.

"I can try to talk to Carlos." She offered. This is his child. I don't think she can calm him down or get him to change his mind. So I remained silent.

As Sylvia pulled over on the gravel the car started to shake under the bumpy road.

"I think I see Lottie," Daisy pointed to a figure looming over the water. The sound of an engine roaring caused all of us to look behind us. "I think they made it here right on time."

Getting out of the car with the help of Sylvia and Daisy support I was able to move much faster. "Lottie!" When she turned around she looked like a completely different person. "Lilly loves it out here." She smiled looking down at a crying Clementine.

Carlos was gaining speed behind us. Turning around I saw Marcelo men holding guns as they approached. I looked to Marcelo to see him watching me. Not a hint of emotion on his face. "Tell them to put their guns down!" Marcelo made a hand motion as they stopped aiming at Lottie.

"Listen Lottie. This isn't Lilly. She's dead. Okay? Your baby died. This is Carlos' baby." I said as Sylvia nudged me... maybe a bit too blunt.

"She's not dead. She's right here." She caressed Clementine face as she hummed the lyrics to 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'

"Lottie.. I know it's hard, okay? I understand, I get it. Taking Clem isn't the answer okay?" Lottie let out a sob. Her arms are loosening. I quickly took Clementine from her handing Clem to Daisy. "I hurt you." Lottie looked over at me, placing her hand on my cheek.

"It's okay. I'm okay." Lottie looked down. Reaching into the pockets of her gown. "I want to be with Lilly." She mumbled.

"No Lottie! No." We all lunged for her.

The gun went off.