Chapter 16

Beautiful Liar- Beyonce, Shakira

Marcelo pov
  ♛♛♛
"How's it going?" Lorenzo came barging into my office. Turning my chair around I placed my water bottle down.

"The Russians pulled their alliance when they found out about the germans." Volk's have an Issue with the Germans. As most people do but when they found out I was marrying one. All hell breaks loose. I know the Russians are going to want war. Seeing they only formed an alliance with us for protection from the Germans.

"Oh shit. I was just going to ask how the plan was going?" The plan to manipulate Zaliah by having her fall in love with me.

"It's going.. Are you  sure you're coming tonight?" I asked Lorenzo. His face scrunched up =

"Be nice to your sister in law" I passed a file towards the work, I have to get it done tonight. Mostly signatures, stocking up my clubs. "This is the inventory papers for Sinners and Saints. We need to restock the bar. Give the strippers a raise. Contact the gambler dealers" I gave him a couple more files as he gaped down at the small pile.

"You do all that at night? When do you sleep?" I let out a chuckle.

"It's not that hard. Thank you, I'm heading out" I grabbed my trench coat draping it over my arm. In a couple hours. Walking out of my company building my mind was anticipating tonight. Instead of bachelorette I invited Zaliah and her friends out with me tonight.

Which was all part of my plan. If her friends notice how 'smitten' I act around her then they'll talk to her about it and tease her. Meaning I wouldn't leave her mind. As soon as her friends bring it up. She'll consider it.

At least I hope so. Her only friend is Daisy really and I'm aware how hard it is to impress Daisy. She's strong minded just like Zaliah.

Getting to my penthouse, I greeted one of my staff members as I went up to my floor. I didn't like living in a big mansion. It was big and empty. Where I'd rather be in a place that's big enough for me and full of good memories.

As soon as I opened the door. Rocky immediately jumped on me as I closed the door. Tossing my coat on the nearest chair I bent down to pet Rocky. My white golden retriever. She was getting pretty big as she came up to my calf. "Hey girl" I petted her head as she stuck her tongue out.

Starting my usual routine I opened some canned food and filled up her water as she soon started devouring her food. I left her at it as I showered and picked out a red dress shirt with black slacks.

My father always told us how we look matters. If we want to be taken seriously we have to look serious. Ever since, It's stuck with me.

My phone dinged as I frowned seeing Zaliah texted.

Zaliah: What bar is it?

Me: Why? I sent my driver to come get you.

Zaliah: Um, no cancel that. I'm driving

Me: Can't do that, Tesoro. You get too drunk to drive back.

Zaliah: I'm not drinking tonight. I'm literally on my health journey.

Me: Mhm.. What are you wearing tonight?

Throw in a little flirting to keep the banter going. I feel like she's cracking down slowly.

Zaliah: Spongebob boy shorts and sexy bra with squidward on each tit.

Letting out a small chuckle at the obvious sarcasm in her voice.

Me: Guess I'll have to see for myself.

She left me on the read probably calling me millions of things in her head. Finishing getting ready. I waited for my dog sitter to come.