Chapter 14

2AM- SZA

Zaliah pov
❀❀❀
"What am I going to do Daisy? I thought I had time! Me coming over here was to prepare me and-" I stopped myself and as I took a sip of my wine. Since being here with Daisy our nights either consist of wine drunk karaoke, or deep talks that leave us speechless.

As you can tell tonight was a wine and rant night. Daisy on the other hand decided to bedazzle a pistol with pink gems. "Let's think positive. Tomorrow is dress shopping! We can find you an amazing dress" she tried to lift my spirits by reminding me. It only deepened my frustration.

His sisters were coming with us. I don't know why but he invited them when he made the appointment. "You know I talked to Syliva today" She mentioned as her eyes stayed focused on what she was doing. "They miss us"

"I miss them so much. Things were much easier at Mercy hospital" Daisy paused as she looked at me with concern written on her face.

"We were getting worse. They're getting worse. I've been trying to get them a court date to talk about their release." I was a bit shocked since this is my first time hearing of this.

"Okay update me on this. I want to help" I placed my glass down as I stared at the tv. Nothing interesting was playing. Usually when we talk we just turn something random on. Nico was discharged yesterday morning. He's been texting me about how the household is crumbling. Apparently mom and dad had a fight over something with Raven.

Letting out a yawn I stretched my arms. "I'm going to call it a night Daisy." She looked up from the pistol handle covered in pink gems. "Night Zee" Going to my room, I took a shower and changed into a big tee shirt.

Typically sleeping with a big shirt with no pants is just the best sleep ever. Getting under the silky red sheets my body soon relaxed.

*
"Zaliah!" My eyes snapped open. Getting out of bed, I slipped on my bunny slippers as I padded to the living room to see what she wanted. My eyes still barely open "What?" I looked to see her holding the door open with a frown. Marcelo stepped in as he was in a fresh suit. The color theme for this one was black and dark purple. In his right hand he held a bouquet of flowers.

"What do you want?" my eyebrows furrowed as I stared at his expressions as he eyed me up and down. Last night I forgot to tie down my hair so my curly hair was tangled and running wild.

"We're going to breakfast." A psh sound made its way out of my mouth. Looking at Daisy she was side eyeing him as she put gems on her gun. She looked ready to use it on him any second.
"Yeah.. No" I turned my heel walking to my room. Just as I was about to close the door it was whipped open. He won't just leave me alone. I want my last week of freedom to be free of him. "We're going to breakfast. So get dressed and put these in water" He shoved the flowers into my chest as I grabbed them observing the red roses.

"I don't like flowers" I tossed them in the mini trash in my room. His expression only darkened. I don't like his sudden effort to be nice. It makes me want to barf.

"I'm trying to be nice but youre making it extremely fucking hard" His jaw clenched when he finished.

"Whatever. Give me an hour. Go take a walk or something" With that I slammed my door in his face. Going to my closet I picked out a black maxis dress that hugged my figure and fell to the floor. It's been chilly outside so I picked out a cream sweater.

Doing my usual routine. I detangle my hair putting it in a slick back. Once I was dressed I looked through my shoes. The dress was so long it covered my feet deciding on a pair of matching sneakers. My look of the day was suddenly complete. Grabbing my purse I stepped out of my room to get a view of Daisy talking to Marcelo as he looked bored as ever.