Chapter 47

Rihanna- Never ending
(Love this song!)
Zaliah pov
❁❁❁
" Zaliah calm down don't make assumptions and put the knife down... you're going to cut yourself." Marcelo said as he took the knife from my hand.

I was just trying to cut tomatoes for my sandwich.

"I'm not making assumptions why else would his helmet be there!" I said. "He's a kid! Still a minor. Daisy is four years older than him! She's older than me."

"By one year." Marcelo pitched in as he took over delicately slicing the tomatoes.

"Oh shut up. I should call the police on her:"

"Tesoro I'm seven years older than you" is he justifying this?

"I'm not a minor! Why are you not upset with me?" I crossed my arms leaning my hip on the counter.

"The boy has bad luck with girls. Daisy is a nice girl." Is he not hearing what I'm saying?

"Why would she even fuck my brother! He looks like me if she found him attractive she could've just-" I paused. "That sounded better in my head, never mind."

"That's just like saying since I'm attracted to you, I'm attracted to your brother. Which is not even a tad bit true." Point.... "Did you talk to her?" Marcelo asked as he grabbed the bread.

"No... everything with Lottie didn't feel right to bring it up to her. I'm not going to say anything actually. I'm going to let them think I don't know that their fucking each other! Really though my best friend and my younger brother! It makes me want to throw up." I complained as I walked over to the fridge talking out the cheese I wanted.

"Oh and I'm going to talk to Franz" Marcelo paused, turning towards me with a stern look. He opened his mouth but I quickly interrupted. "Before you say no, not your choice and I tend to do what I want anyways."

"I'll be going with you." Was all he said next.

Things might have happened but I haven't forgotten about the flash drive. I haven't forgotten how Nico doesn't know. How everything suddenly made sense why I never felt loved... all from a flash drive.

"I'm just saying why my brother? Am I not enough of a best friend that she goes to my younger brother! He's like the undeveloped, weird version of me!"

Marcelo nodded along, probably not listening. "Tesoro-" his phone started ringing. Pausing he sat down the knife wiping his hand off before answering his phone.

"Business."

*

"I told you not to wear them." Marcelo said as I covered my limp. I don't know why I decided to wear my diamond Louboutin shoes , that haven't even been broken in yet.

"I'm fine." As long as my outfit looks cute that's all I really care about. A little pain never hurts.

It was my idea to meet in a public cafe. So no guns, no one dying.

Approaching their reserved table I came in sight with dad. The way he looked made my heart pound. He's grown a head full of gray hair. His beard has grown out looking untamed. Wrinkles under his eyes showing his exhaustion.

The power his face once held was gone.

"Zaliah." He gave me a curt nod not acknowledging Marcelo. Not responding I dodged his hand shake and I went over to sit down. Surprisingly Lidyah was here.

Marcelo came taking a seat beside me. His hand did not leave mine for a second. My palm was starting to itch. Maybe it's my spidey senses tingling.

"You look different." Franz said as his eyes trailed over me. After knowing what he did, it makes me uncomfortable. Really uncomfortable.