Chapter 5

Frozen- Sabrina Claudio 

❀❀❀

Zaliah Pov.

"What?" I muttered slowly. He leaned in on his elbows mirroring my mannerisms.

"I. Need. You. To. Eliminate-" He started slowly but I quickly stopped him by holding up my hand. Taking a deep breath he continued. "You're one of the best I know, Zaliah." His words of encouragement hit me more than he could ever think. I was trained by the best, from the age of ten I was shooting headshots, sad but true.

The thought of being back on the field made adrenaline flow through me, but let's be real. I've been out of the game for almost a year..

"I've been doped up, and eating like shit. My body isn't in the right state to jump on a mission." He raised an eyebrow as he glanced over me. I've lost muscle and gained more fat. I'm not in the best condition to take on Marcelo Lombardi. "Who even is he? And why do you have a hit out on him?" I exhaled the smoke as I put the cigarette out on the ashtray.

"The capo of the Italian mafia." That explains mostly everything. It goes back but the German mafia never could form an alliance with the Italins because they were crooked. Growing up they always told us the Italins were our sworn enemy. It goes all the way back to when my grandpa was alive.

"And..?" I waited for him to further elaborate.

"And he attacked Nico.." My heart came to a stop for a good thirty seconds. The scar I saw on Nico's face... There was silence for a minute as the thought of someone hurting my little brother washed over me .

"What do you want me to do?" I gulped harshly feeling a tight feeling around my throat. It's been an emotional night/ morning. Father sat back in his chair as if he was finally satisfied with my answer.

"Well for starters, I want you training again." Well duh. "-and I want you to promise me something" What about our last promise?

"Daddy!" I screamed as I looked around for him. Where did he go? I'm so scared. Daddy took me to the park, and I turned around to go chase a goose and he was gone.

Tears springed in my eyes as I looked for a man in a suit with a funny clown tie. That I made him! He said he'd wear it forever.

I looked at the lady sitting on the bench. She seems nice. Maybe she knows where my daddy is. Walking up to her I poked her arm. "Hey Miss.. Do you know where my daddy is?" She frowned as she looked around.

"No, I'm sorry baby. How does he look?" Raising my eyebrow I bit my lip in concentration. Colors?

"He has light brown eyes, almost like a puppy! But he doesn't like it when I call him a puppy. He says he's too tough to be a puppy and that he's a rottweiler." I giggled as I welcomed myself to a seat on the bench next to her, swinging my legs.

"Do you know his number?" She asked with a worried expression.

"He has a wife. My mommy, she's reallyyyyy pretty-"

"ZALIAH!" I saw daddy running towards me with many people behind him dressed in all black. They look a bit scary from the outside but it's okay because they let me do their makeup.

Sprouting out of my seat I ran to my daddy the fastest my little legs would take me. He scooped me up from the ground, securing me in his arms. "Jesus Zaliah you don't walk away from me." He mumbled as he rubbed my back.

"I'm sorry" My mood flattened at his serious tone.

"Promise me you won't do that again" He held out his pinky. A promise should be even.