Chapter 12

What was I made for- Billie Eilish

Zaliah pov

❀❀❀

"You kidnapped me for cake tasting." I snatched my arm from his grasp as I put distance between us.

"It's what engaged people do." He mumbled as we walked down the street leading to different stores. It was pretty busy out today which is why we're walking to the cake tasting place. There's so many occupied parking places. "Well we're not like usual engaged people. They're usually in love" I said as I pulled my shades down covering the sun shining directly in my eyes.

He turned the corner as a bright neon sign came into view. Wedding catering, Labeled in cursive. As he opened the door, I stepped in before he could. 'Accidently' , stepping on his foot with my heel. "Stronza" He whispered slowly as I ignored him.

Taking in the place. It was like a usual cafe except it had white stairs with a pink strip in the corner. Following as Marcelo walked really quickly up the stairs. I wasn't ready for the amount of cakes on the white clothes tables. Three tables sat in rows as I stared at the various colors of cakes.

A lady appeared as she set down the last place. "Shoot! I couldn't put down the other set of plates. I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind sharing?" She looked roughly five feet. She had her blonde braids in a bun as little curls stuck out. She wore a white button up with black dress pants and an apron.

"I'm actually a germaphobe," I smiled at her. Her eyebrows furrowed. "But you're marrying him. Eating after each other should be the last of your worries" She winked at me as the thought of what she was implying made me want to throw up.

"She'll be fine" Marcelo cut in as the lady nodded. My traveled down to her name tag Laura as she handed us a checklist of all of the cakes before going downstairs wishing us good luck.

Approaching the first table I stared at the first cake. German chocolate cake with coconut. Taking the fork I tried a bite of it before passing the fork to Marcelo. "I don't like it" He said about almost every fucking cake up here. Either that or he called 'Dibettes in a cake' . We were on the third table. I looked down at the yellow cake with cream cheese icing.

Taking a bite I almost moaned at the tartness that was quickly covered with the sweetness of the icing. Lemon cake. As I put down the fork I looked to Marcelo to see him staring at it in disgust.

"Are you going to try it or..?"  His natural frown deepened. He looked at me for a moment as if he was considering something "I'm allergic"

I threw my hands up with a smile "Looks like we've found the perfect cake." I liked my lips as the thought of knowing his weakness caused thoughts of different ways to kill him ran in my mind.

"I'm not having lemon at my fucking wedding" He gets angry fast. Letting out a low chuckle I took another bite of the cake.

"Seems like you don't have much of a ch-" His hand reached out gripping my chin forcing me to look at him. "I always have a fucking choice." The way he always wants to be in control pisses me off, Mostly because I want to be in control. I want to have some grasp on my life. The way I signed my life away knowing it'll help and protect my family proved that.

I know when the time comes on the wedding night he's going to expect it, I've been preparing myself to give it up like i usually do but this time it's hard. Knowing how much of a fucking control person me feel repulsed by giving it to him because then hes going to think it's just his take whenever.

Most men do. A part of me is disappointed by the way I feel about my body. The part of me that wants to be in control is fighting with my mind to take back my body.