Chapter 25

Hold on- Chord overstreet
Zaliah pov
❀❀❀
My vision was groggily as I blinked to clear my vision. I was in a rustic looking room. It smelled like blood and mold. I tried to move my arms but something restrained me. Looking down at my tattered dress my thigh was wrapped. At least my kidnapper had the decency to wrap my leg up.

Panic starts to rise to my throat. I was kidnapped! I could tell my thigh holster was gone. They weren't stupid they probably searched me.

"Don't worry Zaliah. This isn't personal." Dmitir came into view as his men stood around us. "I just need you to tell me two things. One, where is Franz flash drive" what is he talking abo- the flash drive. That holds information that could take down the Italians and potentially the Russians.

My father kept a flash drive filled with information about mafias to use as leverage.

I've heard of it. I just didn't think about it after my father told me about it once. Wait so if my father had information to take them down... why did he have me go out to kill him, he knew I couldn't do it.

He knew I would fail at killing him then would have to marry him. "Or, you could help us take down Marcelo. Let's be real. The honeymoon phase is over." So what was he getting out of me marrying him?

"I don't know." My voice came out horse. Dmitri let out a loud yell. "She's lying! Taser her."

I closed my eyes preparing for the pain. They held me down as they placed the taser to my chest. My muscles began to spasm as pain shot through me.

Dmitiri called out something in Russian. "This could all be over quickly. Tell me what I want to know." I can't take down Marcelo. I just can't. If he was still doing his petty shit then I wouldn't hesitate.

But he doesn't. He's trying..

"Wait! Wait. Okay! We can have a civilized conversation here Dmitri." My lips trembled still from the taser.

"Tell me anyway." Dmitiri pulled up a chair in front of me. "What caused the German and Italian hate? I've been wondering for years. Besides the fact that Germans are crooked."

I shrugged "maybe pick up a fucking text book?" His hand whipped across my face sending my head in the opposite direction. My face stung, he just slapped me. That was a bitchy move.

Blood from me biting my cheek came out my mouth. Turning my head the side I spit out the blood. "Slapping is pretty bitchy. Even for you Dimitri" I gasped out.

"You've got a smart fucking mouth. Tell me what happened or I'm cutting off your tongue." I knew his threat wasn't empty. Something in me got a thrill knowing one wrong move and I could die. I need to stop playing with my life.

"A long time ago. The Germans and Italins have always hated each other. It goes back to when Fritz, my grandpa, Was in love with Rosila. She was a random pedestrian but when the Italian mafia found out they used Rosila as leverage to get Fritz over so they could kill him. Fritz was deeply in love with Rosila so he fell into the trap. Only to find out that Anotino was actually smitten with Rosila too. Rosila had to make a choice knowing either one could cause war for the rest of eternity. So she chose Fritz. Which caused Antonio to one day come and kill Fritz in cold blood as my father was a child and saw his dad die." I explained the whole little story line as I've heard it millions of times growing up. Antonio was Marcelo's grandfather

Dmitiri clapped his hands with a smile "All over petty love? Rosila is a bit of whore if you ask me."

"Can you let me go?"

Dmitiri shook his head. "I have information to see whether you cooperate or not."

I chose not.

*