Chapter 23

Cruel world- Lana Del Rey
Zaliah pov
❀❀❀
" Where the fuck were you last night?" As soon as I walked into the house. I had accidentally fallen asleep at Daisy's place. But that also gives him no right to sit here and question me. Looking around Carlos was passed out on the couch. Marcelo looked like shit honestly. He was wearing sweats and a sweatshirt as his hair looked like he rolled around a couple of times.

Setting my purse down on the kitchen counter I turned towards him. "Hmm. I don't know. I think his name was.. Tom? Maybe... Oh! It was Tommy" I looked at him with a smile as his face turned red. Someone's angry.

His jaw clenched so hard I thought he might break a tooth. "What the fuck! So you're just going to whore around? You're married Zaliah." He raised his hand showing his wedding band.

Whore around? Oh fucking wow.

"Whore around? Hm.. Okay" My index tapped my chin. Just to prove a point I might go find a Tommy. I dashed past him. Grabbing my bag on my way as I was out the door. Marcelo was hot on my trail as I went down to the garage.

I found his red convertible. Pulling out my knife from my purse I dropped my purse on the hood of the car. "You think I'm a whore. Well the whole fucking world should now hm?" Pressing the tip of my knife into the hood of his car let out a loud screech as I spelled out 'my wife is a whore' In big bold words.

"Are you done?" Marcelo stood there with his arms crossed. I did not indeed feel better. His reaction only fueled my anger. My hand clenched on to the end of the knife. My arm swung back ready to throw it at him. It wasn't until I heard guns cocking behind me.

I didn't have to turn around to know it was his men. "Lower your guns at my wife. She's harmless" His voice held authority. Harmless?  "Let's stop this Tesoro. I get your point. You're angry."

"Don't talk to me like I'm overreacting! You called me a whore and you and your little dick buddies made a bet about my body, and you think I'm just angry? I'm fucking livid" I rustled through my purse pulling out a cigarette. I got my lighter.

"I should set you're fucking car on fire" I mumbled as I blew out smoke. I haven't smoked in a while. Last night Lottie shared her box with me and it kinda went from there. It's a release. Not a good one but it's doing more for me than any other thing I've tried.

He stared at me as if he was trying to read me. "I hurt you.." He said almost as if he was just now realizing.

"No you didn't. I didn't expect much from you anyways" My words made him look taken back.

"Zaliah.. I was really trying. It was a stupid bet from when I first met you. I have judged you-" Everyone seems to judge me. Is it the way I hold myself that says free literally spreading out on my tits, or maybe it's the fact I put effort in my appearance to look good for myself?

I blew out smoke, my nose turning up in the process. "You just judged me by calling me a whore? I didn't even sleep with anyone."

"You're not a whore-"

"You don't know how to respect women and that's your very problem Marcelo. When I first met you, You thought I had to bow down to you. You went as far as trying to kill me just to submit to you. Do you hear what I'm saying? You're the fucking issue" With that I threw my cigerette on the floor, stepping on it in the process as I walked back inside.

I had bigger problems. I had to see my entire family tonight. I was shocked that my dad didn't reach out to me before the opening. I thought it was supposed to be my project? I guess all that went down the drain when I married Marcelo.

*

"Do I look too much like a whore for you?" I asked Marcelo with a sarcastic tone as I finished getting ready. A regular red dress that fell short like the rest of my dresses. He didn't even bother looking up as he grabbed his dress coat and was out the door.