Chapter 9

Japanese Denim- Daniel Caesar
❀❀❀
Zaliah pov.
The fucker shot me.

I sat in my room, all bandaged up yet my dad has me on bedrest.  I mean I stabbed him so I got my lick back. I think this might be worse because I aimed for his heart but at the impact of falling back the knife was only inches from his heart.

How do I know this? Well he made news headlines for almost dying. To the outside world they knew him for 'Il Casinò Lombardi' and also the 'Purple pony' Which was a strip club he owned. Yes, I did most of my research after he shot me.

In the mafia world it's common to own strips and casinos. I know my father owns some, he just doesn't discuss that part of business with me. He also told me that he wants my help with opening a yacht casino here. I'm really happy he came to me with it.

Right after that happened dad had us on the first flight back after I was checked out. From what I heard, the knife was inches away from his heart. My chest was okay as they gave me pain medication but my father told them I'll  be okay due to my history of drug abuse.

"She texted me!" Nico busted in my room as he launched on my bed. Ever since we left the ball he's been going on about the girl he meant.

"What'd she say?" I asked wincing as I sat up. Nico shot me a concerned look but I shook my head. "She said she missed me" Nico cheesed like an idiot while I chuckled.

"What are you going to say?" I asked him. See before Nico got his scar he was a... in simple forms a hoe. Now that it's been different he lost his hoeing ways.

"Thanks?" He raised an eyebrow, not sure of himself. Letting out a laugh I threw my head back ignoring the pain..

"No, Tell her how beautiful she looked and then tell her you missed her too" He nodded as his smile expanded while he typed.

He smiled as he looked back up at me. "She called me handsome. Even with my scar." He looked away as he stared at his phone.

"Awww '' I ruffled his hair as his eyes stayed glued to his phone. He sat in here with me as we did nothing." Pulling out my phone I continued to scroll on my phone.

"I can get used to this bed rest" Nico laid his head on my pillow as I frowned at him.

"I can't. I was actually shot ya know" I pulled the neckline of my hoodie down showing the white bandage on my chest.

His face sobered as his smile quickly vanished. "I know. I'm sorry" He nudged my arm playfully.

"Don't apologize. I wasn't on alert like I should've been." I told him the truth.

"That's a shocker" Nico said as he placed his phone down. Yes it is a shocker because I'm usually focused.

"He was so fine. That it just threw me." I leaned my head back shaking my head "Too bad I have to kill him" Nico made a dramatic gagging sound as he reached for the remote, turning my tv on.

"Really Zaliah?"

I nodded "Yeah.. it's a real bummer actually." I frowned as Nico just shook his head picking out a movie. We laid here watching movies as we got into a comfortable silence.

Later on my phone started going off. By now Nico was dozing off. Picking up my phone I read the message.

Unknown: It's Daisy. I miss you so much. Please come over to my new place. (Daisy's current location)

Letting out a sigh I stared at the message. I'd be damn full to meet her at her house especially since I don't know what she's capable of yet.

Me: No. Meet me at The Little Cafe, On Great Avenue street. At thirty.