♡ LOVELY (2018)

LOVELY is the first english single from cube entertainment female soloist, ryun, released on april 19, 2018

LOVELY is the first english single from cube entertainment female soloist, ryun, released on april 19, 2018. the song is in collaboration with the american singer-songwriter khalid. it also acts as the lead single from the netflix series 13 reasons why's second season soundtrack.

their collaboration was confirmed on april 1, by their american labels. many were surprised by the announcement, and there were mixed reactions. many fans were upset not at the collaboration itself but for the show the song was for. 13 reasons why is a show seen as harmful for it's portrayal of depression, suicide, and many other issues. many fans didn't want her to be associated with such a hurtful project. others didn't understand the backlash, stating that she wasn't responsible for the mishandled material of the show and that she was just making a song. they saw it as a positive opportunity for ryun's career, and thought the backlash was unnecessary. for her part, ryun had never seen the show before, once made aware by fans of the controversy of the show she did research, and released an apology to fans who were hurt by her involvement. however, she would go on to complete the project due her contractual obligations.

outside of the controversy, the single would go on to debut at #2 on the bubble under 100 chart and be certified double platinum.

ryun and khalid would also go on to form a friendship from their time spent working on the single. they wouldn't be able to meet in person due to her busy schedule with filming wgm, but they would often video chat and text. one of the few positives that came from the collaboration were the cute online interactions from the pair. many fans hope that one day they can meet in person.

LYRICS
[ both / ryun / khalid ]

thought i found a way
thought i found a way out (found)
but you never go away (never go away)
so i guess i gotta stay now

oh, i hope some day i'll make it out of here
even if it takes all night or a hundred years
need a place to hide, but i can't find one near
wanna feel alive, outside i can't fight my fear

isn't it lovely, all alone?
heart made of glass, my mind of stone
tear me to pieces, skin to bone
hello, welcome home

walking out of time
looking for a better place (looking for a better place)
something's on my mind
always in my head space

but i know someday i'll make it out of here
even if it takes all night or a hundred years
need a place to hide, but i can't find one near
wanna feel alive, outside i can't fight my fear

isn't it lovely, all alone?
heart made of glass, my mind of stone
tear me to pieces, skin to bone
hello, welcome home

woah, yeah
yeah, ah
woah, woah
hello, welcome home

MV