♡ SOOMPI (2021)

CUBE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES SOLOIST RYUN TO GO ON 3 MONTH HIATUS DUE TO PHYSICAL  AND MENTAL HEALTH CONCERNS

written by queenryun • october 4, 2021

on october 3, 2021 cube entertainment announced on ryun's official twitter account that the soloist would be placed on a 3 month hiatus due to physical and mental health concerns

fans of the singer believe the cause of her health concerns are related to the recent announcement of (g)-idle soojin having left the group on august 14, 2021.

the singer released her 5th mini album weeks after but fans claim that during those weeks they noticed strange behavior from the idol. it also seems the singer was acting strange during promotions for the album, with fans noting that during one vlive she was seen close to tears over a comment seemingly asking her about soojin.

cube entertainment's lengthy statement reads:

"this is cube entertainment.
we understand that many have been concerned with our artist ryun's state of health as of late. we would first like to thank fans for their support and concern, and second, say that we have listened. as of early october 2021, we have placed ryun on a 3 month hiatus as recommended by healthcare professionals. this decision was reached after many months of ryun having sudden sicknesses and fevers. as of recently she has began to feel uncomfortable with herself and has experienced nervous breakdowns before schedules taking place in public. this information was revealed to us by ryun's father who expressed his concerns for his daughter after promotions finished for her recent album. ryun admitted to not expressing her health to us out of shame and embarrassment in herself and after much consideration from all parties this conclusion was decided on. we hope fans understand and send our artist their regards of support, and we will update fans as concerning her recovery as ryun has requested. thank you."

( original statement ):

"이것은 큐브 엔터테인먼트입니다.
많은 분들이 저희 작가 륜의 건강상태를 늦게까지 우려하고 계시다는 것을 알고 있습니다. 우리는 먼저 팬들의지지와 관심에 감사 드리며,두 번째로 우리가 들었다고 말하고 싶습니다. 2021 년 10 월 초 현재,우리는 의료 전문가가 권장하는대로 륜 을 3 개월 중절에 배치했습니다. 이 결정은 륜이 갑자기 아프고 열이 난 후 수개월 만에 도달했습니다. 최근에 그녀는 자신에게 불편 함을 느끼기 시작했으며 일정이 공공 장소에서 열리기 전에 신경 쇠약을 경험했습니다. 이 정보는 최근 앨범을 위해 프로모션이 끝난 후 딸에 대한 우려를 표명 한 륜의 아버지에 의해 우리에게 전해졌습니다. 륜을 인정하지 않을 표현하는 그녀의 건강을 우리의 수치와 당황에서 자신 많은 고려 후에서 모든 당사자가 이러한 결론 결정되었다. 우리는 희망 팬들을 이해하고 이를 보내 우리의 예술가들에 관해서의 지원,그리고 우리는 것입 업데이트하는 팬들에 관한 그녀의 복으로륜은 요청합니다. 감사합니다."

a lengthy post about the hiatus was also made by ryun on her instagram account in a post that read:

( instagram: _ryunnnie ):

( her caption ):

"my heartbreakers,
i am sorry that you are hearing from me while i am not at my fullest. this was not how i wanted things to go, i didn't want my fans to know how much i have been struggling, but it seems everything that is in the dark must come into the light. i want to start out by explaining myself. yes i have kept my problems from my company and team out of shame in myself for not being able to deal with my problems on my own. i needed somebody but i did not want to admit that. i spoke with my father about how i have been and he became very concerned, i never wanted him to worry for me but there is only so much i could keep in. he told my managers and they informed the company. the company sent me to healthcare professionals who explained that i shouldn't have kept it in, and that i would need many months to heal my mind and body. my company and father agreed on 3 months that i would take to rest and spend time in the care of my family. i want to apologize to my father for making him fear for my health. i am also sorry heartbreakers that i have let it go this long and get this bad. idols are human too, they have feelings and struggles just like everybody else. i know this now. i hope heartbreakers will continue to understand as always and will wait 3 months for me to come back to you. thank you always 🩷."

fans of the singer since the announcement have shown their love and support for ryun, and continue to wish for her return to happen when she is happy and health.

we wish ryun a speedy recovery and can't wait for her return!

OTHER ARTICLES:

ATEEZ ACHIEVES 5TH HIGHEST
1ST-WEEK SALES OF ANY BOY GROUP IN HANTEO HISTORY

MX ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES
NEW BOY DEBUT TO BE PUSHED
BACK UNTIL 2022

WATCH: LIGHTSUM MEMBERS TALK ABOUT MEETING SOLOIST RYUN FOR THE FIRST TIME!