♡ SOOMPI (2019)

CUBE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES SOLOIST RYUN TO GO ON AN INDEFINITE HIATUS

written by queenryun • january 28, 2019

2018 was a busy year for the cube entertainment female soloist

2018 was a busy year for the cube entertainment female soloist. she was a cast member and half of a couple with seventeen's woozi, on the mbc show we got married from march 15, 2018 to september 8, 2018. she also released her most success album to date in the form of her third mini album, bittersweet, released on july 18, 2018.

it seems though that because of all the busyness, that ryun may have burnt herself out, as on january 28, 2019, cube entertainment announced that she would be going on an indefinite hiatus.

cube entertainment released the following statement to twitter on january 28, 2019 at 12:35 a.m kst:

"hello, this is cube entertainment.
we are here to announce that our artist, ryun, will be placed on an hiatus for an indefinite amount of time. we apologize that this news is so sudden but ryun has been working hard since her debut and has never had any problems, but due the many schedules and overwhelming success our artist had seen this year, it has made things hard for her [ryun]. she has recently been concerned with burnout and other mental health concerns, that she wishes not to disclose to the public. we ask for your understand during this time and wait patiently for our artist to heal. thank you."

( original statement ):

"안녕하세요 큐브 엔터테인먼트입니다.
우리 아티스트 류 윤이 무기한 휴업을 할 것임을 알려드립니다. 갑작스런 소식이긴했지만 련은 데뷔 이후 열심히 해왔고 아무 문제도 없었지만 올해 우리 아티스트가 봤던 많은 스케줄과 압도적 인 성공으로 그녀를 힘들게 만들었다. 그녀는 최근 소진 및 기타 정신 건강 문제에 대해 우려하고 있으며 대중에게 공개하지 않기를 원합니다. 우리는이 시간 동안 여러분의 이해를 요청하고 우리 아티스트가 치유되기를 참을성있게 기다립니다. 감사합니다."

we wish ryun a healthy and speedy recovery!

OTHER ARTICLES:

SOLOIST SIN RELEASES SECOND TEASER FOR SINGLE ALBUM 'DOMINO EFFECT'

MINX ANNOUNCES FEBRUARY COMEBACK WITH FIRST FULL LENGTH ALBUM

GENESIS ADRIAN AND ROMAN ANNOUNCE ENLISTMENT IN MARCH