epilogue

4 years later

"kiyoung get- back here!" i chase her around the house with a face covered in baby powder. the only part of my face that is not covered in the white, fluffy, chalky substance are my eyes.

i decided to take an afternoon nap after i thought she'd gone to sleep as well — that was a mistake i would never make again.

i finally corner her in the kitchen and frown as her underwear sits on top of her head instead of their designated destination. i slowly step towards her as a mischievous grin lies on her lips, "okay kiyoung-ah, listen to dada, okay? just come on so we can- ow!" she chucks her pink giraffe at my face — whom she has decided to name mr. pinky — before pushing me onto the ground at my most vulnerable state, and running past me.

"this girl..." i groan and stagger to my feet and proceed with my hunt for the underwear bandit.

the house is silent, her feet no longer padder against the floor, and her giggles no longer ring throughout the home. a bit of fear sets in, what if she got hurt?

"kiyoung?" i yell frantically and dart down the hall. i check the bathroom, my bedroom then hers, and the basement, yet still no sign of her anywhere. did this little gremlin disintegrate?

"kiyoung?" i call again and take small steps into the living room. i pause as i see a fort of pillows stacked upon one another on the couch. i smile and slowly lurch towards it, "marco!" i call out, "polo!" her tiny voice is muffled by the multitude of pillows on top of her.

"marco!"

"polo!" warmer.

"marco!" i grab the pillow off the top and watch as she smiles back at me, "polo!" then she throws that stupid toy train jungkook gave her at my eye. i fall onto the ground and hold my eye, groaning in pain. i hear her feet thump against the floor as she hops down off of the couch, "daddy?"

she bends down and places a hand on top of my head, "i'm sorry..." she softly speaks as i pretend to cry. once she leans in closer i pop up and grab her with both of my hands, "got you!" i scream as i hold her into the air. "noooo!" she yells as i trudge towards the bedroom and kick the door shut with my foot.

"alright you little demon, it's nap time." i stand her up and take the pair of underwear off of her head and pull them up her legs, "i don't wanna."

i lay her on the bed and crawl underneath the sheets, "well you're gonna." she laughs as i tickle her, "if you take a nap, i'll take you to get ice cream. deal?" she nods and lies her head against the pillow. i kiss her forehead and pull the covers over her, "how much does daddy love you, kiyoung?"

"to the moon and back." i nod and hold my hand up, "you know it." her tiny palm collides with mine before she shuts her eyes and slowly yet surely falls asleep.

end.