chapter 17

"i was thinking about names like iseul, harin, or maybe even kiyoung — my moms name." i raise my eyebrows and grin at him. "hm hoping for a girl i see?"

he hissed and shrugs, "i'll be happy either way — but yes i am team girl." i laughed and looked ahead through the windshield. taehyung had not yet told me where he was taking me for our last day in seoul, and i was yearning to know.

"can you at least tell me what we're doing there?" he held up 2 fingers, "i'll give you two hints. one, food," he drops the first finger, "two, lock." then he drops the remaining finger.

i scrunch my eyebrows and lift my upper lip slightly in utter confusion. "food and lock? what the heck kind of hints are those?" he shrugs and wiggles his fingers against the steering wheel. "you'll just have to wait and see."

the sky has dimmed as taehyung finds a parking lot that seems miles away from a tower that stands tall and mighty. i know exactly what the name of it was: "namsan tower."

i've heard about it all my life, but i've never had the chance to visit it. what also spikes my interest in the tower is the amount of kdrama's known to have been shot here.

as he opens my door i step out and stare at the tower in complete awe. it was so tall that i had no doubt the view would give you an outlook on the entire city of seoul. i beam and grab his hand excitedly pulling him towards the tower.

"woah, slow down!" he pleads but my eyes and feet have one destination in mind.

we reach the area where the cable cars are boarding and finally pause. "okay, this is where you lead me." i huff and steady my breathing as i smile at taehyung. he pants heavily and holds up one finger as he slumps over, "i just...give me...one sec."

he lazily rises up and lets out a deep breath before pulling my hand towards one of the cars.

as it ascends it gives us a beautiful view of seoul. the many bodies crowding the ground, the beautiful change in the fall colors, the many lights beginning to shine throughout the city; it's all just beyond perfect and i continue to stare in awe.

once we finally reach the tower taehyung leads me to one of the restaurants that serve italian cuisine. the place looks to be expensive but that doesn't surprise me at all. we're seated by the windows and this continues to overlook the beautiful city. "taehyung this is all so perfect." i softly speak as my eyes are glued through the glass at the scenery beyond.

"the view outside is perfect but i think my favorite is the one right in front of me." i peer over at him and let my head gently fall, a small laugh tumbles from my lips as i try to hide the blush rushing into my cheeks. "you're so cheesy." i fold my lips and lean towards him.

"only for you, m'lady."

"hey! that's 2 pieces of gnocchi already." i frown and watch as he pops the delicious, white, soft ball into his mouth menacingly. i look down at my bowl and stir the pieces around with my fork. "now i only have 8 left. if there weren't so many witnesses i'd throw you out this window." i nod my head towards the window next to me as he simpers.

"i'd love to see you try little gremlin." i gasp and fist my fork. little gremlin? this fork was about to go up some places, and here's a hint: it's not the chicken and gnocchi soup in front of me.

"kim taehyung, you'll get away this time." i stab my fork into a piece of chicken and stuff it into my mouth. he crosses his arms and leans against the table. "i should've gotten an appetizer," he peers down at my food in disdain.

i was beyond excited for my main course to come. it's very popular and i'd yearned to try it. there aren't many italian restaurants where we live. "sucks to suck." i say with a mouth full of chicken and gnocchi as i shrug.