chapter 2

"and i love your idea about a black wedding. i'll definitely tell beom!" she yells and waves as i get into my car. i've been at jane's for maybe 8 hours now, and it was pitch black outside. i honk my horn and turn on my high beams as i reverse out of her driveway.

i was immensely tired, which is never a good sign when it comes to driving at night. i turn the knob on the radio and turn it back down again once i hear the country music that's playing.

i'd listen to any genre except country. that was just a big no no.

driving at night always scares me, because of things like deers and possible strangers following you. there's so many dangers that comes with driving at night and i've yet to experience any; so i would love to keep it that way.

i finally arrive at my condo and park, internally relieved that i made it home safely.

i twist the keys inside the lock and notice that the lights were on in the apartment across from me. normally that wouldn't be out of the ordinary. the only problem was that apartment had been empty since last year. i step inside and glance at the door one last time before shutting my own.

"i wonder who moved in." i whisper to myself and set my keys down along with my purse. i smile to myself at the sight of hannie asleep on her bed in the living room.

usually i would be wide awake right now, walking into the kitchen to make my 1st cup of coffee as i began to write my next book. the sadness set in as i realized what this disease was beginning to do to me.

i was always exhausted and drained which left no energy or motivation to write. slowly yet surely, the only thing i loved was being taken away from me. and i couldn't do anything about it. i sighed softly and kicked off my shoes before walking towards my bedroom.

i shut the door behind me and grinned at the frame lying face down. i picked it up, and traced the white rim of the photo. "i'm sorry," i set it back up and crossed my arms. "if i could tell you all i would."

•••

i struggle to hook hannie's leash on as she moves around frantically, threatening to use the bathroom on my floor at any moment. "dude calm- down!" i stand to my feet and sweep a strand of hair off of my lip, glaring down at her. "you're such a drama queen."

as i step out i see the door to the newly purchased apartment is open, with a box of their clothes outside the door. some of them had spilled onto the floor which made me bend down and begin placing them back into the box.

my eyes widen as i notice a yellow stain seeping into the pile of clothes. i look over at the little brown fluff ball whose tiny leg is in the air as she pees onto the strangers clothes. a gasp leaves my mouth as i quickly snatch the soaked clothes away, whimpering as the warm substance touches my finger.

"ew hannie gross! bad girl." i stare down at the yellow shirt, which was once white.

"i believe that's my shirt you're holding," my body freezes and my eyes grow ten times wider.

"i also believe it was once white..."

i squint my eyes momentarily before spinning around to face them. the concern on his face melts into astonishment. "y/n..."

he breathes out as i force a smile onto my face. "taehyung! it's so good to see you again." i quickly hide the fabric behind my back and chuckle stiffly. he begins to slowly walk closer, and stops when he's only inches away.

he blinks down at me and without warning wraps his long slender arms around me, pulling my body tightly against his. "oh-" i reach up with the hand that had hannie's leash and pat his back.

his strong cologne makes my nose tingle. as he pulls away i finally am able to observe him. his hair is curly and frizzled. there's faint stubble on his chin and it makes him look extremely handsome and mature.

he's somehow managed to become even more attractive, and i can't help but gawk up at him. his smile adds onto my weakness, nearly making my knees give out completely. "where have you been? i thought i'd never see you again."

i wrapped hannie's leash around my hand to pull her closer just in case she decided to go number two on any remaining clothing left on the ground.

taehyung and i didn't exactly leave off on perfect terms.

things with him were great. it was the relationship people dreamed of, and i say that humbly. everything went perfectly, almost a bit too perfectly. i loved taehyung, maybe even a little too much, but i couldn't help myself. he was what i'd always wanted.

funny, caring, and thoughtful.

i started to drift away from him because of the fear that our love would soon die. i didn't want to sit around and wait for that to happen, so instead i left.

i left him a sorry little note, which i regretted everyday, before i moved out of the city.

he hasn't called, texted, or even emailed me. i guess me disappearing either really hurt him, or i'd done exactly what he was hoping for. i never knew which one to believe, and so i chose to pretend it never happened.

that we never happened.

but of course all good things come back right? because here is my ex boyfriend who i left without reason standing right in front of me. how could i explain myself? i didn't have the right strength to admit to him that i'd left because i was too scared of what might've happened.

"i uh... i wanted to travel more. i knew how important your career was and i didn't want to get in the way of that." he stuck his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket. he ran his tongue over his bottom lip as his dark brown eyes continued to burn into my soul. could he tell i was lying?

"you running away didn't make things better y/n. i missed you." i swallowed a lump down my throat as the guiltiness began to weigh down heavily. "i'm sorry."

i say, but it comes out as more of a mumble. i hold the shirt out towards him and watches as he pinches the only part that isn't soaked in dog pee. i walk back into my apartment and shut the door, locking it and letting go of hannie's leash.

i sit down on the ground in front of the door and feel the tears begin to stream down my cheeks. i wipe them away with my other hand, not wanting hannie's piss lingering on my face.

i was crying because of many emotions that rushed throughout my body.

guilt, regret, and embarrassment.

i felt like a coward. afraid to face the consequences of her own actions.

but to call taehyung's return a consequence would be inaccurate. if anything, this was a blessing in disguise.

end.