chapter 20

psa: hola, another long chapter, lo siento :( buckle in.

•••

it has been 8 months. my cancer has grown, but so has kiyoung.

i smiled down at taehyung's big hands that gently caress my stomach over the silky fabric of my dress. his chin is resting on my shoulder and his dark-brown eyes are staring at me through the glass, "i love you both so much. i'm so excited to meet her." a silent sigh tumbles from my lips as i finally lock eyes with his reflection.

"i am too," i state briskly and try to hide the somber crack of my voice. will i be alive long enough to meet my own daughter? "do you think this wig looks realistic?" i question and run a finger through the soft strands. i wasn't yet ready to expose my semi-baldness to my family yet, but deep down i could only hope this would be enough to fool them.

"i think so, i couldn't even tell you had it on this morning," i grin at his attempt to convince me,

"we should get going." he takes a short glance down at his watch as he pulls away and stands straight up. his long legs stride towards the door before he pulls it open.

~

i knock on my parent's door and hear the fast patter of footsteps immediately rushing towards it. it swings open and i beam as jane screams out of pure excitement, "you're here!" i see her body begin to instinctively lunge forward with open arms, but then she halts, her brown orbs dart towards my poking stomach, "oh gosh, i almost forgot!" she leans down and rests two hands on the bottom of my belly, "i am so sorry my handsome nephew." she stands tall again and beams at taehyung and i before stepping back into the house, "come on, everyone's back here."

the minute we step foot into the living room i'm bombarderd by streamers, ballons, and the loud screams of my family. "you finally made it, i was wondering if you asked grandpa to drive you here instead." i laugh down at my mom before wrapping my arms around her tiny frame. she pulls away and nudges taehyung's shoulder with lowered eyebrows and a playful smile.

"i see you finally got the job done, taehyung." his deep chuckle rings aloud and he slightly falls back, "yes ms.yuna. per mr. goo's wishes." taehyung nods a head towards my father who raises his beer can approvingly and begins to make his way over.

he lands a heavy hand down on taehyung's shoulder which causes him to lose his footing momentarily, but he quickly regains his composure, "you know, son, i thought even the mere mention of children the first time you came would be enough to run you away. but you've proven you're in it for the long run. i accede." his chubby hand slides off of taehyung's shoulder before he turns to me with a heavy sigh, "my little girl. i dreaded for this day to come, but i also prayed for it to finally appear. i believe he is a suitable father, and i cannot wait to meet my beautiful grandchild."

i cannot help the smile that quickly paints my lips before i wrap my arms around his broad shoulders. his rustic chuckle rolls from his lips as i dig my face into his shoulder, "in all my twenty-five years, that is probably the nicest thing you have ever said to me." i whisper into his blue, casual button-up before i pull away.

"yeah well lets take our time with the wedding. that alone took me forty minutes to rehearse." my eyebrows raise as my mother chimes in, "he's not lying. i had to chuck a pillow at his round head for him to finally go to sleep."

i'm seated next to jane, taehyung and beom are sat side by side across from us, and my mother and father are seated on opposite ends of the table. "i'm sad eunjae and jason couldn't make it with the baby." i say and frown at the others.

"us as well honey, but you know with them taking that big move and all, they can't just come to family gatherings like we all can." i nod as i continue to push around the pieces of food on my plate with my fork. jane softly nudges my shoulder and i turn to look up at her, "y/n, eat," she chuckles briefly and peers down at my plate, "you need to fuel the baby." theres a confused smile on her face as i swallow.