chapter 16

i'd forced myself to make it outside and onto the chairs by the pool. i'm bundled up in a blanket with two pigtails that stick out of my head — courtesy of taehyung.

"how are you feeling?" i shrug and shake my head. "i could definitely feel better. i'm just sad i had to miss the rest of the reception." eunjae leaned back against the wooden chair and folder her arms over her chest, "well we just danced, they had the father daughter dance, and then her and beom left on their way to their honeymoon." at this my eyebrows raise.

"already?" she nods, "yep. i think that's why taehyung called me instead." i chuckle and focus on the body of water in front of us. the way it bounces and sloshes is so calming to me; i've always loved bodies of water such as lakes, oceans, ponds, etc.

"you're really stressing taehyung out. why won't you talk to him?" she says this with a smile on her face, but it makes my thoughts stir at how much of a burden i must feel like to him right now. this was supposed to be a fun trip for us to take, but here i was moping around and bitching at the one person who's been here.

"i don't know eunjae i just think right now i don't feel the best. you know i've always been this way. when i get sick i act cranky." i make up an excuse and as they always do, she just nods and moves on to the next topic.

"what's been going on with your writings?" i heave and force a smile. "i've actually been writing pages at a time. i had a little sickness that was so bad it stunted my progress. it's also why i kept missing family dinners and stuff."

"yeah we were surprised you even made it to jane's wedding, let alone the dinner we had the other night," i'm silent as i feel her eyes still lingering on me, "is it taehyung?"

my eyebrows furrow and i pull the covers closer to my body as the wind blows. "what?"

"is he the reason you started coming to see us again?" i sit and ponder on her question. was it taehyung? i'd never felt as happy as i have these past few months until i rekindled with him again. "i... i think it is him," i look over at her, "i love him. he makes me happy." i reveal this to her as if i'm just now realizing it, but i've known this for the longest time. i've always loved him and i never stopped.

eunjae smiles, it's heartwarming and empathetic.

"ease up on him sis. he's trying." she rests a hand on my shoulder and gives it a squeeze. i nod because i know she was right. we have to work through these obstacles together. i have no clue how much longer i have left with him, i don't wanna spend my last few months, weeks, maybe even days being upset with him and shutting down.

i can't let this sickness stand in the way of loving him and showing him i care.

the screen door slides open and jason's upper body pokes outside. "babe we have to get going." i frown and stand to my feet along with eunjae. i'm sad to see her go, i rarely spend times with my siblings, especially eunjae.

she holds her arms out wide and i drop the blanket onto the chair before embracing her. i hold on a little while longer because i truthfully don't know how long it will be before i see her again. as i pull away i lean down and rest my heads on her poking belly. "don't cause mama too much stress, niecey. i'm so excited to meet you." i kiss the fabric over her stomach and rise back up.

"get home safely, eun."

"i'll call you when i get home. remember what i said, i love you sis." she kisses my cheek before grabbing jason's hand and heading towards the front.

i enter the leaving room to follow them towards the door. "jason, take care of them." i remind him as they walk down the porch. "of course, y/n." i send them one final wave before i head back inside and shut the door behind me.

i rub my arms over his bare shoulders as i place small kisses on his neck. he turns his head to face me as i smile gently. "are you feeling better now?" i sigh and take a seat in front of him before lying down on his lap.

"my body still kind of hurts but, i'll be fine. thank you." he grins down at me as his hands play with the pigtails sticking out of my head. "i did a great job on these." i laugh and nod. "you definitely did."

silence.

"have you ever considered having kids?" the question leaves his mouth smoothly but silently. almost as if he was too scared to ask it. i fold my lips as i hum in thought. i never thought about having any, i never had time to with how busy i was with publishing, but now that i think  about it i would love to build a family with him.

"i have not. have you?" he shakes his head and looks ahead at the wall in front of us. "only a few weeks ago. when we were just lying together watching that movie you love: coraline."

i hum in response, "do you want to start trying?" i ask him but avoid his gaze.

"you read my mind." he leans down and pecks my lips softly as i giggle onto his.

it would mean the world to start a family with taehyung. he and i both now i don't have much time left, and it's always been something that's swept my mind every now and then, but it was never something we acted upon actively. i was excited beyond words to embark upon this journey with him.

end.