chapter 5

everyday.

after that night, he had started coming over every day.

i can't say i didn't enjoy it, because spending time with him again was what i had been yearning for. here the universe was placing him back into my hands, and i had absolutely no clue how i would manage.

i buttoned my shirt as he knocked on my door, prompting hannie to jump up in her bed and begin barking; the same routine they had repeated for about a week now.

i opened the door and walked away, allowing him to waltz inside on his own. "no good morning today?" he says and pushes the front door shut. i stood in front of my full-length mirror and tucked my shirt into the tight-fitting skirt.

i smiled at him momentarily while i adjusted my entire outfit. "good morning, taehyung." 

"what are you getting all dolled up for? or should i say," he trailed off as he took a seat on the couch. "who?" i shook my head and began putting in my earrings. "i'm going to see my boss. give him my reasoning as to where i've been."

i turned around to face him. "how do i look?" i hold my arms up and do a little spin, a small chuckle rolls from his lips. "beautiful, y/n. you sure he won't fall in love at the sight of you?"

i scrunch my nose in disgust just at the thought of it and avert my attention to a little black box sitting on the coffee table. "what's that?" i look back up at him as his eyes were now set on it. he breathed out softly and picked it up, standing to his feet.

his slender frame begins to slowly come closer to me, and before i know it he's only inches in front of me, and per usual i lose every ounce of knowledge there is on how to stand straight. "it's something i bought for you before you left."

his deep brown eyes finally look into mine, and i feel myself swallow a small lump in my throat. this only added to the guilt i believed i was finally getting rid of. he opens the box and shows me a silver necklace with a diamond-encrusted heart. what caught my attention the most, was the small infinity symbol which dangled spank in the middle of it.

it was simply beautiful.

the diamonds danced underneath the sunlight which glistened through my blinds. "it's... gorgeous taehyung."

i turn back around to face my mirror and walk closer to my reflection. "put it on please." i quietly ask and lock eyes with him through the glass. in almost an instant he's behind me, soft and gentle fingers brushing along my skin.

he immediately emits goosebumps along my arms and neck. his hands go over my head and then behind my neck. his eyes are focused on the latch which i know he's struggling to attach just because of his big hands.

he bites the corner of his lip in deep concentration, and this only causes me to snicker. "almost..."

then i hear it snap.  "got it." he stands up tall behind me as i pinch the heart between my fingers. "i love it."

his arms slither around my waist and his chin rests on the crook of my neck. "i always knew you would." he turns his head and i watch as his lips almost make contact with the skin of my neck — that is before he pauses and steps away from me completely.

i can tell he's trying to set boundaries, or maybe he's being careful to not fall for me again so quickly. maybe he's afraid i'll reel him in, and just up and leave like last time.

i wanted him to kiss me. i wanted him to wrap me in his arms and never let go. but he and i both know it's not the right time for that just yet.

"i guess i should get going." i slip on my heels and begin to gather my purse and coat.

"ride with me. i'll take you there." he insists and walks over towards my door. "are you sure?" he nods and opens the door. "give me a sec to grab my keys." before i could intervene any further he dashes across the hall into his condo.

i stand there dumbfounded with my purse in hand, waiting patiently for him to return. i look down at hannie who's simply lying down with her head resting on her paws. i bend down and scratch behind her ear. "i'll be back soon, girl. mama loves you." i smile sweetly and look up as i hear his door close and his keys jangle.

"alright let's go."

the car ride is anything but silent as taehyung's interesting playlist plays through his speaker. it was a wide variety ranging from love songs to hard rock.

what tied it all together was his inexplicable ability to sing all of them word for word, key for key. a smile was planted on my face the entire way. every time i tried to wipe it off he would only manage to slap it right back on.

i think that's one thing that's always drawn me to taehyung. his ability to always make me laugh, even in my saddest moments. i think that's one thing i loved about him.

"take a right here." i directed and undid my seat belt as he turned into the lot of the corporate.

as he parked i sat there for a moment. my sweaty palms rubbed against the smooth material of my skirt for maybe the 10th time i've been in this car. nervous was not even the word, i might get fired on the spot.

that pounding feeling slowly seeps into my head, and that's when i dig into my purse and pop open the bottle of tylenol. i dump 2 of the tiny tablets into my hand before throwing my head back and forcing them both down my throat.

through this entire frenzy, i can feel taehyung's gaze on me. he's definitely unsure of what to say, and how to intervene. "okay," i breathe out and open his car door. "i'm ready."

i walk inside with him trailing behind me. i reach the front desk and immediately yomi beams at me. "y/n, where have you been?" i avoid her question with a small laugh and stand close to the desk. "is mr. yarrow still having me for today?"

she types away at her computer and nods her head. "yes you may go up now." her eyes shoot over to taehyung. "how may i help you sir?"

as his mouth opens i speak up for him. "he's with me." i nod my head towards the elevator and rush over to the doors which slide open.

"why're you so nervous, y/n?" i watch the numbers slowly increase. i'm only seconds away from facing the man who has my life in the palm of his hands. maybe in those stacked-up emails was one pertaining to me being let go.

i contacted him through email, and i can't imagine the look on his face as i hadn't returned any of his, yet i insisted we meet up to talk about my future at this company. i realize taehyung's question is still lingering in the air, and before i think of an answer the doors glide open.

i step out, and immediately my knees feel weak. i stumble a tad bit, and instinctively he holds his arms out ready to catch me, but i manage to steady myself this time. there are chairs just outside of mr. yarrow's office and so i tell taehyung to grab a seat there.

i raise my fist and gently knock on the wooden door. "mr. yarrow, it's han y/n." there's a bit of shuffling before his loud voice booms from inside: "come in."

i gently twist the handle and face my fate.

end.