chapter 18

i hadn't told any of my family members about the engagement; i felt as though it would've been somewhat selfish to mention getting married on a trip we took for my sister's wedding,

i also just wanted to keep it our secret for now,

but as jungkook continuously bombarded me with questions, i realized our engagement wasn't as secretive as i thought. "so tell me y/n, did he really start crying like a little baby when he proposed?" i chuckled and looked towards taehyung who simply glared at his younger companion. jungkook's round eyes stared back at me as he waited for my response eagerly. i shake my head and grin at him, "no jungkook, but he did shed a few tears."

at this jungkook leaps to his feet and points at taehyung, "liar!" my smile is wiped away almost instantly as i stare at the pair with complete confusion. what did jungkook mean by "liar?"

"you said when you finally popped the question you would probably cry like a baby." jungkook crosses his arms as taehyung rolls his eyes and gently smacks the side of the tatted man's head. "yeah, probably, you idiot." i chuckle and look over as the bell above the door chimes.

in walks oc with a pair of shades covering her eyes. her red-tinted lips spread as she smiles at the three of us. "oh hey guys! i didn't know you were stopping by today." she sweeps off her shades and gives us a view of her narrow eyes and dark brown irises. she sets down her leather purse behind the desk and stomps her hefty boots over towards the couch i was seated on. i watch as her newly dyed purple hair falls over her shoulder over the minute she leans down toward me, "i heard about the engagement, congrats."

i smile and side-eye taehyung. "i did not tell her. it must've been mr. coconut head." jungkooks lip pulls upward and his eyebrows lower as his face twists with disbelief, "hey! you agreed to stop calling me that after i let my hair grow out and dyed it." his lip slightly poked out in a saddened pout.

"thank you, oc." i say. she stood back up and walked over to taehyung before fisting the collar of his shirt and pulling him in close, "so you had no plans on telling me about your proposal huh you little twerp?" she let go of him with a little push, "you are so, definitely, getting that atomic wedgie." she glared at him before stomping towards the back and entering her room. taehyung attempted to smooth down his now wrinkled collar with a small frown on his face, "i was going to tell her." he mumbled and this caused jungkook and i to snicker.

"are you ready?" taehyung asks, and this prompts me to stand to my feet and adjust my purse on my shoulder, "i'm ready."

i was seated on oc's leather bench looking through ideas of tattoos taehyung and i could get. i'd finally mustered up the strength to get another, but only because taehyung agreed to get the same exact one as i did. "i like the one where the infinity symbol goes through the initial," i turn and look at him, "I'll get yours and you'll get mine." he nods approvingly and hands the book of arts back to oc. "deal, you first."

i sigh and scooch back farther on the surface. i rest the back of my wrist against my thigh as oc tugs on a pair of latex gloves and scoots over to me on her tiny rolling stool. "ready?" she asks as she flicks on the tattoo needle. i nod and squint my eyes as she lowers the needle towards my skin. i gently flinch once i feel the familiar pinching feeling against my arm; it's constant and it repeats over and over again.

i use my other hand to grab taehyung's and squeeze tightly. i was quickly starting to regret the area i had chosen for this tattoo. i had come to realize my pain tolerance was extremely low and this led to the unanimous decision between my mind and i of absolutely no more tattoos. i could feel my palms become sweaty as i watched oc work in immense disdain. i grimaced now and then, struggling to pretend i couldn't feel the needle piercing through me.

after what felt like an eternity she shut off the needle and rolled back to grab a wet wipe. "all done." i exhaled heavily and felt my body release from its tense position. she wiped at the new tat before patching it with saran wrap. "it looks great." i speak but my voice is trembling. it's kind of embarrassing and i instantly notice the laugh threatening to leave both taehyung and oc's lips.

i stare in astonishment as she wraps his wrist. he hadn't flinched, peeped, or even winced throughout the entire tattoo. "oc i thought you promised to press down a little harder with the needle." i frown at her as she shrugs, "i swear i did. i don't know what this weirdo freak's problem is." taehyung chuckles and slides off of the bench. "taehyung one, oc zip." he holds up a big "o" shape to her face as she rolls her eyes and smiles,

"well then next time i'll just make sure to straight up stab you then."

"get off of me you psycho!" jungkook yells which causes us to all share a glance before sprinting back out to the front lobby.

to my horror, i see rey on top of a frantic jungkook. his head falls onto the floor as he looks up towards us, "taehyung, finally, get your psycho ex off of me!" he pleads,

it takes taehyung no time before he darts over and pulls rey off of jungkook. the raven-haired man scrambles to his feet and hides behind oc fearfully, peering over her shoulder. "rey what the hell is wrong with you? why would you attack jungkook?" she huffs and blows the strand of brown, wavy hair out of her face. "because he wouldn't tell me where you were! but just as i thought, you are here," her eyes slide towards me, "and you brought her with you."

i stare back at her as a range of emotions brew in my body; anger, fear, and pure annoyance. she's like a little gnat during the summer that just doesn't go away, no matter how many times you swat at her. taehyung steps back into her range of vision, blocking me from her gaze, "rey you quit weeks ago. why are you still here?" she scoffs and grabs his arms, "taehyung why won't you just understand? we were meant for each other, you literally said it yourself!"

at this, he runs his hand down his face and groans, "no i didn't. i said we were meant for each other to the coca-cola you handed me out of the mini refrigerator!" i can't help but chuckle, but this sends her into another fit of rage. she shoves taehyung to the side and slaps me across my face. i rest my hand on my stinging cheek as i slowly turn my head to look back at her in utter shock. "you think that's funny? you ruined everything!" a low growl tumbles from my lips as i grind my teeth together. without second thought i sprint towards her and tackle her onto the ground.

the only thing i would be ruining is her precious, little face.

i punch her in the nose before she forces our bodies to roll over, now that she's on top she grabs my head and bangs it against the wooden floor. "taehyung do something!" i hear oc shout above the constant muffled roars shared between rey and i.

i flip us over once again and drive my fist into her lip before grabbing two fistfuls of hair and shaking her head up and down. i feel two large arms slide underneath my armpits and attempt to pull me away from rey, "y/n let...go!" taehyung strains and pulls against my chest. my lower body is lifted up by my hands still gripping onto the strands of hair struggling to hold on. i release my hold and allow taehyung to pull me away.

she stands to her feet breathing heavily and raises her finger up to her nose. there's a trail of blood falling down, and on her lip is an open gash. she grumbles again, "i'll kill you!" she screams and lunges towards me, but is stopped by oc who intervenes and begins pushing her towards the door.

taehyung walks around to stand in front of me and frowns as he stares at my face, closely observing it. "there's a cut on your cheek." he mumbles and swipes a piece of tissue from the tissue box sitting on the table. i shy away as he brings it up to my face, "tae i'm fine. jungkook are you okay?" i turn and look at him. his eyebrows seem to raise in a moment of confusion, "you're asking if i'm okay? you're the one that just got into a full-blown brawl, she just tackled me and started grabbing my face,"

i chuckle as he walks over to the couch and slumps against it, "but yes i'm okay. thank you for asking." i nod and look back at taehyung, "i'm tired, can we go home?" he grins, "of course. but let's wait until oc gets the lunatic at least 5 miles away from the shop."

end.