chapter 22

i smile at jungkook who continuously pulled out antique toys of his own from when he was a baby, "and this is mine from when i turned 5 years old. my abba got it for me." he sets the toy train in taehyung's full arms which are already littered with the previous pieces.

"kook i think that's enough for one day. we'll visit y/n and taehyung some more." oc chimes in and grabs his bag filled with the sentimental objects before zipping it up. at this, jungkook stands to his feet and attempts to snag the bag back, "give that back i wasn't finished." the adorable man child holds his hand out expectantly as oc hides it behind her back.

"well you are now. have we decided on a name yet, y/n?" she hesitantly shoves the bag back into jungkook's muscular chest causing him to stumble backwards. "kiyoung."

she tilts her head and raises a brow, "that's...it? what if it's a boy?" i take a sip of my fruit punch through its straw before setting it back down and gleaming at her, "we'll figure things out from there."

a loud gasp sounds from jungkook's lips as he raises a finger in the air, and i can't help but notice the thick, silver, ring that sits wrapped around it. "name him jungkook!" he states excitedly and showcases that adorned bunny-like smile of his i never got enough of.

"hell no," taehyung retorts and walks over before dropping all of jungkook's baby souvenirs back into his bag with the rest of them, "i'll be damned if i ever hear the words, 'taehyung can you change jungkook's disappear for me please?'"

both he and jungkook shudder just at the thought.

"you're right, nevermind." the ebony-haired man shakes his head and contorts his face with pure disgust.

just then the door opens and in walks jane and beom. in jane's hand in a small, blue gift bag and in beom's is a singular blue balloon that reads congratulations it's a boy!

"sorry sis did i intervene?" jane frowns as oc holds up her hands, "oh no he and i were just leaving. good luck y/n," she walks over and wraps her thin arms around my shoulders, "you're gonna do great." she smiles and pulls back before nudging jungkook forward.

the lip ring in the corner of his bottom lip slightly twists as his lips spread into a wide grin, "good luck y/n, can't wait to meet kiyoung." he holds his big hand up and i collide mine with his. i wave at oc and jungkook for what would be my last time and watch as the door shuts behind them.

"it's a boy huh?" i ask jane as she gently grabs the balloon from her husband and ties it to a chair in the corner of the room. "you know that i am strictly team boy! have you even thought about relative boy names?" i shake my head and fold my hands, "i haven't, why don't you give me some ideas?"

she claps her hands excitedly and turns her brown eyes up towards the ceiling. she taps her chin deep in thought as she hums, "hm jason, doyoung, jimin, daniel, geu-"

"babe how about you let her open the gift?" beom interjects as he places a hand on her lower back and smiles softly. "oh right!" she holds her hand out and holds the bag up to my face. i warily grab it from her hold and look inside to see a tiny, black box spank in the middle.

i fish it out and take off the top timidly. lying inside is a necklace, and on its pendant is a childhood picture of my sisters and i at our grandparents restaurant. i silently gasp and carefully unravel it from the box, holding it up closer to my eyes as it sits in my palm. "jane this is beautiful," i hold my arms out and pull her in closely. "thank you."

i speak into the fabric of her sweater and allow her to help me put it on, "fits perfect." she says delicately and i pinch the pendant in between my fingers as i continue to gape over it.

just then an excruciating pain erupts and a scream emits from my mouth. jane and beom's faces fall in horror and taehyung immediately runs to my side as he slams his hand down on the call button multiple times, "she's coming!" i yell and throw my head back. jane grabs my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze, "oh my gosh... you got this. i love you." she kisses my forehead before beom gently locks hands with her and pulls her out of the room.

my body is hot and the pain is insufferable. kiyoung was quite literally pushing herself out. "taehyung it hurts!" i yell and shut my eyes tightly as the tears threaten to pour. his hand presses down on the call button a few more times as he tries his best to reassure and calm me, "i know baby just hold on."

the door finally pushes open and a nurse stops abruptly, "get the doctor, my wife is in labor!" taehyung alerts and this sends her sprinting out of the room.

it's been hours of pushing and practically falling in and out of consciousness. i felt weak, my body felt limp, my lips were dry, and the wrath that this affliction dawned upon me was like no other. "come on y/n push, the head is almost out." the doctor encourages tentatively, but i'm now struggling.

i push for as long as i can and whimper as my head falls back against the pillow. my face is riddled with sweat; i shake my head and peer back down, "i can't! please just get her out!"

i squeeze taehyung's hand and groan out of withering agony. "baby push, she might suffocate." taehyung pleads with his eyes on me. i huff and feel my core tighten as i surge and attempt to get her out. i couldn't let her die, she had to make it.

"the head is out! worst part is done y/n, come on!" i shake my head and sob as my entire body begins to shake. i push, and i push, and i push until i absolutely cannot anymore.

i swallow and let my head fall back onto the pillow as i hear the cries of my baby. a dim grin sets upon my lips as my eyes shut languidly, "it's a girl." the doctor states and bobs her gently in his arms. he walks over and i force my eyes open and my arms wide. he gently sets her in my hold and i stare down at her in complete admiration; she was absolutely gorgeous to me.

"hi kiyoung." my voice is shaky as a tear runs along my cheek. i kiss her forehead and laugh gently before i look towards taehyung. "come meet your daughter." he slowly walks over and carefully cradles her in his arms.

there's a wide smile set upon his lips as he stares down at her. "you're so beautiful, kiyoung." he kisses her nose and laughs gleefully.

i look back up towards the ceiling and shut my eyes; i was so tired. i feel my entire body relax and finally all sound flushes away.

~

my eyes flutter open and i am greeted by an eery silence and a dark room. the only source of light i'm provided with is the bright gleam of the moon that flushes through the glass of the window. to my left lies taehyung on the leather cushion just below the window, right next to him is kiyoung who is peacefully asleep in her elevated bassinet.

i can slowly feel the life pouring out of me as i take a final glance at the two i love the most.

i stare at his beautiful face and take in those perfect features for the last time. his bold eyebrows, his narrow and kind eyes, his long and perfect nose, his soft, pink lips, and his boxy smile.

i am going to miss him so much. there was one thing i yearned to have and experience in life, and that was serendipity.

serendipity - a positive occurrence that takes place by chance

taehyung finding me again was just that. he was my serendipity.

i watch as his chest slowly heaves up and then down as he sleeps peacefully. "i love you." i whisper and turn my eyes back towards the ceiling.

my breathing slowed, i could in some ways feel the blood begin to stutter when it came to transferring to my heart; i knew that it was time. i have continuous silent breaths that are hesitant and sedated.

in then out,

in then out,

in then out,

in then...

my chest slowly falls but it does not rise again, my eyes stay peeled open, and my body turns cold,

silence.

end.