chapter 12

psa:
hey guys, way longer chapter than usual; i apologize as i myself hate longer chapters lol.. but thank you all for reading, love you!

•••

i stand hand in hand with taehyung as i knock on my parents door. im beyond excited to finally introduce him to my family, and now when the wedding comes it won't be their first time meeting him.

as i rock back and forth on my heels with a huge grin painting my lips i look over at taehyung whose eyes are locked on the auburn-shaded door in front of us. "hey, loosen up a bit." he looks over at me and hums in response, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

i can tell his biggest fear at this moment is when the door peels back, and my father stands tall and mighty in front of him. i can already imagine his body going stiff and then collapsing onto our porch.

the handle squeaks, twists, and then the door is pushed back. the light illuminates our bodies in contrast to the darkness pooling the scenery behind us. my smile is immediately wiped away as a tall, broad man stands in my doorway. "is this your brother?" asks taehyung, and i shake my head, still staring at the man ahead of us as i respond, "no, i have no idea who this is."

the guy finally smiles and holds his big hand out towards me, "hello y/n, i'm kang beom — jane's fiancé. it is a pleasure to finally meet you." he gives my hand a firm shake before holding his hand out towards taehyung as well.

"you must be her boyfriend." as they shake hands taehyung can't even utter a word. all that he uses to respond is a dim chuckle and squinted eyes. as they let go beom moves to the side. he's exactly how i imagined a billionaire's son to be — poised, monotone, extremely handsome.

"your family is in the kitchen." i thank him as he shuts the door behind us.

sure enough gathered together is my mother, jane, and eunjae. as i enter they all beam and smother me into a big group hug. i let go of taehyung's hand to wrap my arms around all of them and slightly sway in their embrace. "oh y/n! my beautiful daughter." as we pull away my mother cups my cheeks and kisses my forehead.

"and you! you must be taehyung." she moves on from me to taehyung whose still as stiff as ever, but at least this time he forces himself to speak. "yes, nice to finally meet you ma'am." she kisses her teeth and waves him off, "oh please don't call me ma'am, it makes me feel old! call me yuna."

"noted." he chuckles. "mom where is dad?" she points towards the backyard patio where i see my father next to jason, eunjae's husband.

soon enough beom enters the kitchen and i make my way towards eunjae. "i see you finally got him to come meet us." she whispers and i shake my head at her.

in contrast to jane, eunjae was short at about 5 foot 3. she had short, wavy, brown hair with a few highlights of blonde. she always had one side flipped over and the other tucked behind her ear. admittedly she looked older than she was, and this was because of her inheritance of our mothers signature smile lines. her eyes were narrow, but still beautiful. her lips were round and pink, and always glossed up.

"i see you still can't keep dad away from jason." i laugh as she rolls her eyes. "you think? he gave jason a bigger hug than ive ever gotten as soon as we got here." i look over towards the men on the porch and turn to taehyung who watches them intently.

i grab his hand and begin pulling him towards the patio, "y/n what are you doing?" he whispers into my ear and as i reach the door and rest my hand on the handle i smile up at him. "bringing you to meet my father."

i push the door open and immediately their conversation comes to a standstill. "hey guys, this is taehyung — my boyfriend!" they're all smiles with cans of beer wrapped in their hands; except for beom who has a bottle of water. i let go of taehyung's hand and slyly scoot to the side as jason walks over.