Naked ~ Minishaw

So, I had the idea to write a songfic based on Naked by James TW. However, leading up to writing it I couldn't decide if I wanted to write Minishaw or Wroetobehz, but I went with Minishaw because that had been my original idea. On the back of that, I have now challenged myself to write a songfic of each Harry ship, all with a different James TW song. I have picked the songs for the other ships, this is just the only one I have written so far.

///

You were so exciting, like a bottle of lightning

For all his careless, relaxed demeanour always made Simon appear confident and unafraid, the aching thump thump tha-thump thump, of his heart recognised his true anticipation. He had to breathe in, once, then twice, swallowing as he edged forward towards the edge of the building.

The rest of the rooftop party's guests were long gone, just Simon and the birthday boy left. His boyfriend was beyond hammered, unashamedly grinning from ear to ear as he clutched Simon's hand tightly. Simon went when the hand tugged, eyes zeroed in on the sheer happiness on the younger's face. By doing so, he hoped to forget the tightening of an invisible rope inside his stomach.

Simon let himself be pulled up onto the ledge with Harry, listened to the other scream with absolute jubilation. When said look was turned to face him, a disbelieving laugh huffed its way out of the taller man's chest.

"Come on, Simon," Harry urged, "You try it!"

So, Simon did. He had a blast, shouting out into the late night city air.

Early the next morning, having spent the night at Harry's place, Simon got to reflect on the positives of the evening, accompanied by his sleepy satisfaction as he cuddled his boyfriend of nearly a year. Gone was the scepticism and trepidation from when he had stood at the edge of the party venue the night before.

Sex and no fighting, you left me Naked

He was gorgeous, the way he let Simon have him like that. The way he gave himself over without qualm, shiny blue eyes half-lidded and blown with pleasure, would forever and always be a sight that Simon needed burned inside his mind. He could never - nor would he ever want to - forget such a picture.

Towards the end, there was often a rougher edge to that shared time under the sheets, but it was never preceded or followed by any sort of relationship friction.

'Hate sex without the hate,' Vik had joked once, eyes bright and voice full with pride.

'Makeup sex without the makeup', JJ then chimed in, just to be laughed away by Tobi who was in absolute stitches.

Some days, it had felt as if the pleasure was what drove them, the sex too good to be true.

You were always a mystery, the way that you kissed me

Harry didn't often give much away. One could tell whether he was in a good mood or a bad mood, but that was about it. Having been in a relationship with him, having taken the time to learn his nervous tics, Simon could tell when Harry was feeling anxious. For both negative and positive reasons.

Kissing him, at the start of their romantic relationship together, had frequently made Harry feel timid and needy. Simon had noticed when the need had reconstructed itself into practised simulation, but hadn't thought much of it. The timidity had remained the same, however, which should have keyed Simon in that things were slowly, painstakingly, changing.

He just hadn't wanted to dwell on the mysterious intricacies too much, frightened of the prospect that he could so easily scare Harry away from him. Simon knew he could be hard to deal with, both in and out of a relationship - he didn't want to risk the chance of Harry cottoning on to that else the other left him for good.