Football Injury ~ Kshaw

This was requested by radley_06. I hope this is okay!

When JJ heard his boyfriend scream out for the second time that day, he promptly ignored him and continued tying the laces on his trainers, his football boots placed beside him ready to be packed away into his back.

(If JJ had been in a better mood, he reckons he would have eventually laughed at Simon's 'boy who cried wolf' joke made later that day.)

~

It may have been a glum Tuesday morning (in Winter), but that did not mean they could cancel this recording session and just go home. This collection of football videos for the MoreSidemen channel had been scheduled for months now, and each and every time they had tried to set it up, problems had arose, whether that be related to weather, guests, or injury.

This time, they were all prepared to stick it through; they wanted to get these videos over and done with so they could cross the damn ideas off their list.

Somehow, despite the chilled air and the early morning start to the day, Harry was brimming with energy, practically vibrating on the spot whenever someone told him to stay still. When the cameras finally started rolling, the very first video intro came as a relief to Harry, meaning he was free to jitter in place without reprimand or the soft, forceful gestures that held him in place when he got to be too much for people.

Unfortunately, as it sometimes did, Harry's energy quickly translated into chaos, unnecessarily egged on by Ethan, who had been coerced into wakefulness by none other than Harry himself.

All throughout the first two recordings, Harry's play was overly enthusiastic, slipping more than once and landing face first, sideways, or even on his bum.

The fist time Harry yelled out in (apparently, fake) pain, JJ honestly felt his heart skip a beat at the sound - he never wanted to hear anything like that ever again, especially not coming from his own boyfriend.

When JJ turned away from speaking with Josh, his head immediately darting towards where he knew his boyfriend to be, his eyes widened as he spotted the younger curled up in a near ball on the floor, moaning out in pain and continuously batting a fretting Ethan away from him.

JJ didn't even take a second to think, he was already rushing towards Harry - at top speed - before Josh could even gasp his name out fully. Josh and Tobi, who had both been stood with him before Harry screamed, weren't far behind him. JJ, somewhere beneath the beating of his heart in his ears, could just about identify the sound of their heavy footsteps against the astro.

"Harry!" JJ yelled, skidding to a halt and dropping to his knees as soon as he reached where his friend and boyfriend were situated, his boyfriend pressed against the goal a bit too close for JJ's liking, like the netting could swallow him up at any moment. "Harry, you okay, baby?"

It didn't register immediately. It took JJ an embarrassingly long moment to process how as soon as his worried, higher pitched voice faded out, the pained whimpers stopped, instead replaced by joyous giggles and the background of deep chuckles. Soft lips pressed against JJ's cheek were what brought him back to reality.

His mind, instantly, clouded over with a blended mixture of rage, relief, agitation, and devotion. The only problem that the ratio of emotions wasn't too kind on JJ's sense of relief.

The youtuber wouldn't admit to seeing red, but that was what he saw, even looking into Harry's eyes that there were perhaps the furthest thing from red.

With a huff, JJ stood abruptly and walked away, shaking his head as he made his way back to where he had been hanging before.

JJ didn't properly speak to Harry for the remainder of the recording session, too irritated at his boyfriend for faking an injury. (He wasn't wholly mad at the other man, but he was definitely upset with him. Even after Kon called "Cut!" for the final MoreSidemen video of the day, was JJ's heart still not fully calmed again. It was still beating a little too fast for comfort, no matter how slow a pace he went at or how many breathing excersise he practiced.)

~

Ten minutes after the recording ended, JJ was packing away his things, sorting himself out and getting ready to leave when he (well, everyone within a 2 mile radius) heard Harry scream again, this time worse than before. The noise was shrill and piercing, more unbearable than the worst his boyfriend would do for a segment in a video because this one was heavily laced with notable agony.

It would be a lie to say that when JJ finally glanced towards the source of the noise it was out of pure curiosity, because it wasn't. As he had before, JJ was worried for his boyfriend; he didn't like seeing him upset, nor did he like seeing him in pain. When he could shield Harry from either sensation, he was always more than happy to do so. Vik often teased (lovingly, JJ was assured by Harry) that JJ put his entire heart and soul into protecting Harry.

When JJ turned around to find Harry on the ground, lying sprawled out with a football cannon knocked over, lying over part of his lower half and naval, surrounded by an assortment of different coloured footballs, he almost laughed; from his distance away it looked far too comical an arrangement, and he was 60% sure it was just another prank set up between him and Ethan. Only, when JJ got closer to the pair, he noticed that Ethan looked about how JJ had felt earlier. That was how he knew something wasn't right.

And, indeed, there was something wrong, JJ found out. If it wasn't for Simon's moment of calm authority when they realised that Harry wasn't conscious anymore, JJ wouldn't have known what to do as soon as he became lucid again. Honestly, all he could thing to do was growl and ward his friends off as he fussed over in his boyfriend.

Luckily, in the background, Vik was calling an ambulance.

~

JJ didn't whine, exactly, but he did pout and complain as he sat diagonally to his boyfriend's hospital bed, wondering why the younger man refused to tell him about what happened the day before, at the shoot.

"Come on, Harry. Why won't you just tell me what happened?" Ethan, ever the loyal, trustworthy best friend, had also refused to tell JJ what happened, unfortunately being the only person to catch it, having been with Harry at the time.

"It's embarrassing." Harry muttered, his eyes scrunched closed tightly and his face a flustered pink colour.

~

ROOMIE

Simon:
I was just checking over the footage from yesterday
-
Apparently one of the cameras was still rolling when Harry got hurt
-
You will not believe what happened
-
Your boyfriend really is a different breed