Work Environment ~ Wroetozerk

Harry felt himself go red, his bottom lip between his teeth.

Like a love-sick teen (which, really, he kind of was) Harry watched as the faction of bosses wandered on past his desk.

Harry had been working at his job for going on four years now; going from an apprentice straight after leaving school to a personal assistant. (Which, obviously, had been a shock to Harry when he received the proposition earlier that year.)

~~~

Harry took a deep breath, a collection of different coloured folders held tightly against his chest.

He rounded the corner, coming into view of the large, fogged-out glass walls obscuring the offices of some of the company's bosses.

He stopped walking outside of the first door, the one belonging to his specific boss. (Though the others were all above him still so they also had a higher power over him, even though he wasn't working directly under them.)

He knocked gently, twice, waiting for his boss' permission before entering.

At hearing the loud, slightly put-off voice, Harry entered, closing the door delicately behind himself and turning to face the room.

He paused, his face feeling hot, as three pairs of eyes met his. He gulped.

"Mr. Payne, Mr. Bradley." He greeted, nodding minutely to each man as he said their name. Then, he turned to the man actually sitting at the main desk. "Mr. Olatunji, I have those files you asked for."

Mr. Olatunji blinked, looking a little confused before his face egnited with realisation.

"Right, yes, just leave them here, Harry." He said, pointing to the tray at the end of his desk.

Harry nodded hurriedly, rushing over to place the files in the tray. As he hurried back to the door, he tripped messily, landing with one knee and both hands on the floor.

As he stood, embarrassed, he heard Mr. Payne's snickers, clearly trying to hold back a full-on laugh.

Kindly, Mr. Bradley flicked Mr. Payne's arm with the back of his hand, successfully shutting him up and causing a sorry look to grow on the other man's face.

"Are you okay, Harry?" Mr. Bradley asked, a soft look on his face that left Harry wanting to swoon.

"Erm yes, thank you." He wasn't, his knee was throbbing and both his hands stung a little.

Mr. Bradley smiled at Harry as he left, trying not to let the door slam before abandoning it and rushing off down the hall.

God, that was so embarrassing. Harry was so embarrassing.

~~~

"Harry?"

Harry looked up from his desk upon hearing his name, finding Mr. Olatunji stood in front of his desk expectantly, a single brown envelope in his hand. It was about A4 by the look of it.

"Yes, sir?"

Before replying, the older man dropped the envelope on to Harry's desk. "I need you to take this to Mr. Minter, if you will."