Death Bed ~ Minishaw

For emweraldwarr.

It had all started with a sneeze, originally.

~~~

It was only a headache; Simon got headaches frequently, even, and he knew that they were nothing to worry about. Even so, being able to contact Harry would be nice. It would likely brighten up his rather drab day of constant working and fighting back head pains.

Simon knew it was a ridiculous thought. There was no way for Simon to contact Harry at the moment, no way he could for a good little while, unfortunately. A month, at the very least.

Unless Harry remembered Simon's phone number, or had a look in his notebook whenever he was near a phone that he could use.

Whilst it was good that his boyfriend received his well-deserved break, a month-long trip did seem rather excessive, if only to Simon. He hadn't mentioned that to Harry at any point, though, as he didn't want to burst his lovely little bubble of unrestrained excitement. His glee was clear as day whenever he so much as mentioned the trip in the months leading up to it.

Of course, Simon trusted his boyfriend, but that didn't mean he liked the thought of Harry out in the world completely alone. Kindly enough (though he himself was benefiting from his decision), Freezy agreed to go with him.

Simon knew Harry had originally thought of offering some others (Gib, Chip, Ethan, Vik, and Lux) the chance to go, too, but had changed his mind about a week after Freezy's acceptance to come. Apparently he wanted a calm experience, a fresh adventure, instead of a joyful holiday with the lads.

He obviously still wanted to enjoy himself while they were gone, however.

~~~

Harry and Freezy had only parted from England yesterday, at the insane time of four in the morning. Despite the headache he'd been experiencing since the night before that, Simon made sure he was also up and ready to go, was the one to drop the two off at the airport and get the very last goodbye out of everyone.

The drive back home had been unsafe, surely, what with the pounding in Simon's head prompting him to just, close his eyes, for a second, at least. His lack of sleep (having only slept a pathetic amount after going to bed gone two in the morning and being woken up at quarter to three) didn't help any, either.

Anyway, he powered his way through the drive home, only to collapse on his sofa as soon as he was through the front door. He barely had time to kick his shoes off and drop the many layers he wore: it looked as if he had just stripped whilst walking through his flat.

~~~

Simon really wasn't having a good week. He couldn't quite pinpoint if it was just because of mental, physical, or emotional reasons, though, because everything seemed to be affecting something else, enhancing something else: certain feelings, certain issues.

At first (the few days before Harry left for his trip), Simon had regarded his state as nothing more than a silly cold.

Simon didn't get ill often, but when he did, it was small, nothing to worry about. He got the sniffles, usually, with a hoarse, croaky throat that twinged with pain whenever he spoke or ate. He never threw up, hadn't been sick since his late teens (for sickness reasons).