Roommates ~ Wroetofreezy

-Anxiety.

Some angsty fluff for you all.

Simon laughed nervously, his palms sweaty as he rubbed them against the material of his shorts.

Currently, the Sidemen were all gathered at his and JJ's flat, upon their request. The other five boys were lounging on the sofa as Simon and JJ stood before them, both looking as calm as ever.

Their eyes however gave way to the little bits of nervousness that tugged at them.

"Right, so we're dating."

Simon threw his arms up, exasperated as he turned to face JJ.

"I told you not to say it like that."

JJ just shrugged. He really couldn't care less.

"And they were roomates." Tobi said, his chin against his chest as he sat slouched against the back of the sofa.

That brought a laugh out of everyone, grounding everyone and their thoughts and opinions. Tobi had beat them to a joke about this situation, though.

Only Harry's laugh seemed more forced than the others, dripping in worry and anxiety if you only listened closer.

Yeah, roomates, he thought.

~~~

Later that night, Harry climbed into bed with Freezy, as per usual.

Cal grinned at his boyfriend, opening his arms and tugging his body against his own, Harry's head resting in the crook of his neck.

About five minutes after the two had gotten into bed, Harry spoke up, his quiet voice timid against Cal's neck, making it slightly difficult for Cal to understand.

"Cal?" Hearing Cal's affirmative hum, Harry continued. "Simon and JJ came out today. Are we supposed to?"

As soon as he understood the younger's words, Cal's eyebrows furrowed and he pulled Harry's face away from his neck to meet his eyes, face serious.

"Not if you don't want to, no."

Harry looked down, his bottom lip between his teeth as he thought about.

"I don't, I don't think I want to. Is that okay?" Harry paused before uncertainly adding, "For you?"

"That's fine." Cal set a steady hand through Harry hair, fingers combing through the soft strands. "Of course it's fine."

Harry smiled small, grateful to have such a great boyfriend and friend.

In thanks, he leaned up to place a gentle peck to Cal's lips.

~~~

Harry breathed out a heavy exhale, watching from afar how Simon and JJ flirted with each other. In front of everyone. Crew and all.

For the past two weeks, Harry had been paying closer attention to the older boy's, noting the way JJ seemed unburdened and Simon seemed so much less subdued. Not to mention they both generally seemed to be in better moods more often.

Would Harry be like that if he told them about him and Cal? He wished so. If that was the case, he may just have to tell them.

~~~

Harry laughed, but there was no humour in it at all. To put it bluntly, there was discernible fear in it and nothing else. Nothing more, nothing less.

See, the Sidemen knew he was bi (had known since 2016, at least) so he didn't understand why he was so afraid to tell them that he had a boyfriend.

~~~

Over the past two days, Harry had come to the conclusion that he wasn't scared of the boys finding out about him having a boyfriend. He wasn't scared about how they would react to it.

Instead he'd come to the conclusion that - as bad as it sounded - he was terrified at the mere thought of them knowing his boyfriend was Cal.

Harry couldn't even understand why, which seemed to only double his current feelings of guilt.

That night, cuddled in Harry's bed with him, Cal could tell that something was wrong. He stared rubbing at the other's hip unconsciously.

"Harry? What's wrong, Boggo?"

Harry didn't reply for a good two minutes, and Cal didn't hound him about it. As usual.

"I'm not ashamed of you."

"Of course you're not, just look at me. A gorgeous human being in his prime."

His words got a little giggle out of Harry, achieving their desired effect.

The two were asleep not an hour later, all troubles worked from their bodies. Before he'd drifted off, Cal had smiled at Harry, his eyes glistening as he watched him.

Fuck, he really loved this boy.

(And this boy really, really loved him too. So much so that sometimes, it hurt. It hurt so much, but so good, that this boy couldn't find it in himself to care.)

~~~

"Boggo doesn't have a boyfriend, do ya, Boggo?"

"Hm?" Harry looked up from his phone, rather out of it, before he realised what had just been asked of him.

"Haha, no."

"If he did, I'm sure he'd tell us."

Harry nodded sheepishly, small smile fake and practised.

Perhaps reactions like this came a bit to easy to him. He knew Cal would think of. (Does think so.)

~~~

"I wanna tell them."

Cal looked up from the TV, over at Harry sat some ways away from him on the sofa.

"Go on then." He dared.

Harry's eyes dropped down to his phone before he looked up shyly.

"Can you do it please?"

Cal rolled his eyes fondly, arm outstretched and palm open, waiting for either Harry or his phone. Whichever came first.

And of course, the phone just had to. However, Harry did follow right after it so Cal was left with a smile on his face and a Harry tucked underneath his arm, his head on his chest.

As he watched Cal's fingers tap away at his phone screen, Harry gulped.

"Actually," there was a tremble in his voice that Cal thought had no right to be there. "I think maybe I should like, tell them in person. I should, shouldn't I? That would be the better thing to do, surely?"

Harry's words caused a pause to Cal's fingers, ending in him clicking the phone off and pulling Harry into a kiss.

"Whatever you want." Was whispered against Harry's lips almost as soon as they pulled away from each other.

Harry pulled back a little further before speaking.

"You'll be with me either way, right?"

"Of course."