Grenade ~ Behzksi

- Sexual implications/references. Unhealthy 'relationship'.

If it seems a bit choppy and all over the place, it's because it's supposed to be like that.

I abandoned the much darker turn I had planned for this.

///

Easy come, easy go

JJ watched, dejected, as his partner for the night, Ethan, left the room of JJ's latest hotel.

The other man had been settled behind JJ on the large bed, his warm embrace a fragile rarity; a rarity that was now gone, just like Ethan was.

JJ had feigned sleep as his newest lover shuffled to the edge of the bed, standing with a hushed groan (and presumably a stretch, too).

Feigning sleep allowed JJ to avoid any potential awkwardness between the two of them, but it also left him feeling oddly hurt, deep down.

Thinking JJ was asleep, Ethan had left. Which meant he only stayed that extra half an hour or so after their orgasms because he believed JJ to still be awake.

He had planned to put up a front, it seemed.

~

The next morning, when JJ awoke (to an empty bed, an empty room, of course) he felt a weird mixture of sexually satisfied and limb-achingly tired.

When it came time to leave the hotel, his driver waiting for him outside in the hotel car park, JJ couldn't find his room key. Couldn't see the plastic, fancy little card anywhere.

After a final five minutes of relentless searching, JJ gave up: he shot his driver a quick text, telling him that he'd be down soon. Then he made his way down straight after, pocketing his phone, grabbing his bag and ensuring that the door was shut, but open to anyone who knew to look.

~

JJ returned to the hotel after a long day of rehearsals, two hours of recording, and fifteen minutes of heavy drinking.

He didn't dawdle, like he sometimes did, instead heading straight up to his room with only a drunken wave to the receptionist, 'Staffy'. (That was not what her nametag had actually read.)

Up on his floor, JJ found the door to his suite locked.

Confuzzled, his mind boggled in a woozy haze, JJ knocked on his own door. The knock consisted of three not-so-gentle bangs, hitting with the side of his clenched hand, rather than tapping with his knuckles.

One duck, two, three ducks went by - according to JJ's intoxicated brain - before the door eventually swung open.

When JJ looked up from the shiny silver handle of the door, he was met with the very same eyes he had found himself captivated with the night before, and every day leading up to it for several months.

"Ethan?" JJ breathed out faintly, fearful that he was only seeing the man because his tired brain was playing tricks on him, rubbing it in his face that he was feeling ever so lonely. "You came back!"

JJ yelled loudly with glee, quickly becoming sheepish after receiving a harsh glare and a shush, both from Ethan.

"I did. Now get your ass inside, loser."

"How did you get inside?" JJ asked as he bounded forward, skipping clumsily into his room. The door shut behind him with a gentle click, as if Ethan was conscious of the fee JJ would have to pay if anything was broken by the end of his stay.

"Nabbed your key card, last night, before I left."

That's just how you live, oh

After that first time, JJ got curious: he went as far as asking around the crew, some of whom he knew were quite close with Ethan. He just sat down and talked with some of them, openly, genuinely.