Robot Emotions ~ Wroetostar

-Unrequited love, miscommunication/false communication. (Lying.)

Vik was smart; observant in an academic way. Emotionally, however, Vik was not so smart. Sometimes, he felt a little robotic, and felt a little out of place because of it.

Harry, on the other hand, was the exact opposite of Vik. Not as in that he was stupid, Harry was actually quite smart, you just couldn't see it at first glance. He purposely kept it completely hidden.

Unlike Vik, Harry was very attentive, both emotionally and socially. He was very quick to pick up on people's mood changes and was very supportive when someone was having a hard time.

~~~

Vik laughed, a nervous, silly laugh with a hint of true humour. His eyes stayed fixated on the person in front of him, a pretty blonde girl with high cheek bones and bright eyes.

Across the room, Harry watched the exchange, dark eyes glaring at the girl's flirty smile. Why was she flirting with Vik? No one's allowed to flirt with Vik. (His Vik.)

Harry gave up on staring, leaning back against the sofa with a pout, eyebrows closed and arms crossed.

"He doesn't know she's flirting, you know."

Harry popped one eye open, eyeing the man who had just sat down next to him.

"I know." He said, closing his eye before he'd even finished speaking.

"He thinks she's just being friendly." Tobi added, as if Harry didn't already know. He knows Vik, knows how obvious someone has to be for him to realise their advances.

"Hmm." Harry hummed, purposely being difficult. Sometimes Harry just felt like being petty; today was one of those times.

~~~

Harry had to hold in a groan, his body tipping sideways until he was slouched against Ethan.

For some reason, they were doing another assumptions video for the second channel. There had been very few so far that hadn't stirred some form of ugly emotion inside Harry.

"'Vik has a secret girlfriend that none of you know about.'" Simon read out, causing them all to turn and stare at Vik, eyebrows raised and lips tilted up in a smirk.

Before Vik could answer - looking flustered and confused - Harry shot up, his voice angry and biting. The words left his mouth before he even had a chance to think them.

"As if Vik could get himself a girlfriend."

Well, that was a lie. Harry knew Vik could get a girlfriend, he had enough girls seemingly throw themselves at him.

Harry's eyes shot to Vik, trying to express the absolute horror and guilt he felt at his own words.

"Vik," he choked, "I didn't mean that. That was too far."

All the others stayed silent, watching on with bated breath.

(Harry's words were one thing; they were mean, but they understood why he'd said them. Though, Harry, whenever he did go too far - he was usually aware enough not to - wasn't so quick to take his words back. Obviously, he'd apologise eventually, but he didn't simply acknowledge it. Harry's temper was usually what took him over the edge of too far.)

Vik stares, blankly, at Harry; then he just gets up and leaves the room.

Harry's eyes feel wet as he stares after Vik, mouth dropped open in shock. He looks from the doorway Vik just left through over to the other boys.

"You should go after him." Josh nods, ever the knowledgeable adviser.

"Yeah, yes, okay. Right." Harry rambles, rushing up from his seat and out of the room. He finds Vik stood by the door, fighting with his shoes.

Instead of saying something comforting, something nice or sincere (or apologetic), Harry just stares down at Vik's shoes.

"You left your stuff." He comments, and what the actual fuck is wrong with him. Now he sounds like he's trying to get rid of Vik. Mere moments after he insulted him, as well.

"So." Vik shrugs. "Leave it. I'll come get it some other time."

Vik finally has one shoe on, and he pauses to look up at Harry. "A time when you're not here." He adds.

Well, there goes Harry's heart.

Harry sniffles, watery eyes begging foregiveness. "I didn't mean it."

"But you said it."

"I said it because-" Harry stops, looking down at the ground. A tear finally slips out.

"Because what, Harry?"

Vik has both shoes on now, his hands are on his hips but Harry can't see that. He can't look up, not at Vik, not right now.

"Because- because I was jealous." The whole sentence comes out tiny and sad, but the 'jealous' is so choked and garbled it takes Vik a second to interpret it.

"Jealous?"

Vik's posture slouches. He spots the tear on Harry's cheek and feels utter bemusement. Why is Harry the one crying? Surely, if either, Vik is the one who has the right to cry right now.

"Yeah. 'Was jealous."

"Of what?" Vik asks, voice hard, expectant.

Harry can't say it, can't bring himself to. Not now, maybe not ever, he realises. So:

"You." He whispers, voice emotional in a way Vik can't figure out. "I'm jealous of you."

Vik's hands have dropped from his hips, hard features softer as his eyes take Harry in, hunched form and all.

"Why are you jealous of me?"

Oh God, how Harry wants to erase that muddled tone, wants to replace it with shy confidence at the very least.

But Harry doesn't do that. Instead he just shrugs, eyes flitting up briefly to glance at what he suspected was a very perplexed look. (It was.)

"Harry." Vik says, voice guilty, regretful, and bewildered all in one. "Harry, look at me."

When Harry finally does, he's met with a tiny smile and open arms. "Come here, Harry."

Harry doesn't even think about it, he's falling into Vik's arms as soon as the words leave the older's mouth.

"I'm sorry." Is whispered against Harry's neck, breath hot against the sensitive skin. "I didn't know you felt that way. Or feel that way, whatever."

I don't, Harry thinks. Of course he doesn't actually say it, he's too scared to do that. He doesn't think there will ever be a time where he's not.

"You have to tell me things like this." Vik continues. "You know I suck at emotional communication." Harry can't help but let out a little giggle at that. "I'll try and be more aware from now on."

If only, Harry thinks. As he does, he grips tighter at Vik, squeezes once.

"Yeah." Harry says, but he knows it's a lie. The other boys would tell him as much if they could hear what he was doing now. "I will."

I won't.