CHAPTER 34

The moment Hazel heard the word hospital, her body trembles with fear. More scared when her half brother Semi mentioned not only his Dad's name but her Mom's too. She immediately grabbed her bag and ran after a quick glance at her friends and boyfriend who are busy talking and doing stuffs.

'I can't waste any second explaining to them what happened.'

So she didn't bother to call off her friends to go with her. She ran until she got on a taxi and drove to the hospital. It's too late for them to notice that Hazel is gone.

"Where's Hazel?" asked by each of them.

"Where did she go? Her things's not here anymore." Annie.

"Huh? Maybe in the toilet?" Kenji.

"Better to call her." Airon said and dialed her number but she's not answering the phone. Instead he recieved a message, saying not to worry about her and continue their picnic, that she will comeback later.

"Then, let's enjoy this picnic!" Chloe said joyfully. She actually saw Hazel leaving but didn't tell them. Because she wants to be with Airon.

"She didn't say where she went?" Kenji.

"No. But I feel something strange." Airon.

"Yes, it's strange." Annie.

They didn't touched the food and didn't do anything while waiting for her. Until it gets dark but she didn't came back so they packed up and leave. Worried, Airon said he will come to her parents to check.

"I can't reach her phone. I'll come to their house." Airon.

"We're coming with you." Annie, worried too because of what Hazel opened up to her about her family problem. She also told that to Kenji and Airon don't have any idea about it so they want to come.

"Let's go." Airon said and on a taxi together with them, of course they ignored Chloe and left her standing in the street.

...

Hazel arrived at the hospital catching her breath. She went straight in the Emergency Room and saw Semi outside, waiting and trembling with fear too just like her.

"H-Haze..." He knew to himself that he can't act strong for her sister now and they hugged each other.

"Semi, w-what happened?" Hazel asked with a shaking voice. Tears can't flow from her eyes because of her scared feelings.

"I'm so s-sorry!" he broke down and cried in his sister's shoulder. "This is all my fault! I'm sorry!"

"What are you saying?" she was surprised because this is the first time she saw him crying. "Semi! What the hell is going on?!" she shouted.

After a while of not being able to talk, Semi pulled himself together and faced Hazel. "They got into a car accident."

She fell on the ground after hearing those words. "W-what? H-how and why are you telling me that it's your fault?" she asked still cannot tear up.

"My sister, Sophie. She betrayed us in exchange of a huge amount of money and ran away immediately. She stole the ducument that had all our signature and sell our shares in the company that Dad almost get back." he knelt down and bowed to her. "I'm really sorry, it's my fault that I didn't look after my sister."

She feel like passing out because of the news, still processing it all. "What-"

"Mom is driving the car with Dad, I called them to give the news but then I heard screeching sound and ... that's why they got into an accident. Shocked by the words I said, Mom couldn't control her shaking hands and .. that happens." he explained.