Chapter 23- Nathaniel

I smack my face as Helga angrily walks away. I'm such a dumbass.

"What a bitch," Mara says, snapping her gum and rolling her eyes.

I don't agree but I still nod, not really paying attention.

"Ok guys lets keep it cool, no hating on people when they get a little bit mad at a stupid comment." Justice reasons. She always finds a way to make things seem chill, even situations like these.

Ana walks over, and I wince before waving at her. It makes me so mad to think that she called Helga an 'attention whore', because she's not. Suddenly I wish I had chosen to hang out with Seamus and Marcel instead of my other friends. As soon as Ana and Mara link arms and walk away to get to class, Justice gives me a pointed look.

"Well?" She says. I'm not sure what she's talking about, and I say so.

"Justice, what do you want?" She rolls her eyes.

"I know you want Helga. I see you looking at her, even when you're with Seamus. And Seamus makes fun of you when you so much as glance at any girl." I blush, because it's true. I think of Helga 24/7, but I'm not the only one. A lot of guys at our school think she's fine, and they're constantly commenting about it. Still, I know I don't have a chance because of what I said earlier. Before Justice walks away, she says something I can just barely make out.

"She wants you too, dumbass." I stare off into space, taking the information in. I really wanted to go over to Helga, to tell her how I feel, and to just talk to her about life. But instead, I go to second period with a smile on my face.