Chapter 8 - Helga

Freedom I sigh to myself as I rush out the doors of math. I hate Mrs. Davison but I love her. She's a good teacher but she's not. Anyway, math is boring. I have to sit through a walkthrough of the simplest problems fifty times and it makes me want to go to sleep and die. I sit next to Coral and I love her but it's not like we are best friends. I make my way over to Mrs. Norburry's class which I knew since it was my first period. I lurk next to the door for a bit and see Charles and Isa talking and laughing with Isa hitting him multiple times while she packs up her bag. I frown and look over at Arcadia who waiting for Isa, her backpack over her shoulders, and talking to Octavia. Then Charles taps her on the shoulder and walks by her quickly. She looks at him, confused, but also with a slight smile on her face. I roll my eyes. Charles seemed like an asshole. As he stalked away from Arcadia and his desk toward where I was standing by the door I flatted against the wall, careful not to touch him and glare. It's petty I know but what can I say I'm a petty person. It doesn't matter anyway, he pays no attention to me and just walks off towards the stairs. I wait a few more minutes and the group finally starts moving toward me.

"Finally," I mutter under my breath, annoyed with their snail's pace.

They pass me and Arcadia waves as I follow in their trail. They're talking about something that happened in fourth period. I sigh. This is what I get for having overachiever parents. I have honors math during fourth period and pre-AP history in first period. Once we split up with Octavia I walk forward to stroll next to Arcadia.

"Soo... how was History with Wonderboy?" I ask teasingly, nudging Arcadia with my elbow.

"Not good," she whined, "He didn't even talk to me."

"He talked to me a lot," Isa smirked.

When we get down to the field we sit on the benches and watch the guys play football. They only occasionally talk to us and I'm fine by that, most guys down there are ugly anyway. Lunch goes by without any drama other than the guys arguing about whether a touchdown was scored or not. I rolled my eyes at that, guys are so dumb. I'm so glad I don't like any of them.