Chapter 15- Arcadia

I've already forged a note saying I won't be able to participate in the show, and left it on Ms. Emalia's ancient piano. She might not see it, but I don't care. I need to be alone somewhere. I sling my backpack over my shoulder and trudge towards the girls' bathroom, stopping to tie my shoe. I examine the AirForce 1, realizing how gross and muddy it is. Another thing to add to my list of procrastination, along with grieving over the loss of my crush. Actually, that's what I'm going to do right now. And sitting on a toilet in the bathroom is the perfect way to sulk in peace.

"And I don't know who else to tell, because Arcadia would act like such a...I don't know, I guess she would just make it all about her? She always does that, even when I'm talking about my grade and history. It's like she never shuts up!"

"Oh my god, you're so right. Whenever we eat on the field, she's so bitchy about everything!" Who is that? I don't eat on the field with anyone other than Isa and Helga. Isa. And. Helga. They're talking shit about me behind my back, and I can hear all of it. They come into sight, and turn into the girls' bathroom... to continue their little confession cult, I'm sure. I'm about to break down, and now there's no way I can go cry alone without a confrontation. The floodgates are turning on, and there's no where else to go. I need to get out of here, I need to hide. I say to myself. I begin to panic and do the stupidest thing possible...I dart into the boys' bathroom.

Luckily, there's no one in here. I'm in the last stall, and the doors' broken. I'm sitting on the floor next to my backpack and as far away as possible from the disgusting toilet. There's nothing I can do but try to muffle my sobs with my arm, which isn't very effective, as you can imagine. And somehow, this day can get worse.

"Bruh, who's in here?" A voice. A deep voice, a voice belonging to a boy. Of course, I think, this is the freaking boys' bathroom. What did I expect? To be alone for all of fifty minutes? I wipe my tears and pull my knees to my face, wrapping my arms around my legs in an attempt to cover my red, puffy face.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" I don't respond, I don't look up. Well, I try not to look up, but I can't help it. I sneak a peek at this boy's face, and my heart stops.

Charles?!