Chapter 22 - Helga

I don't know what Justice's plan is to help me but I'm trying to trust her. I just hope she doesn't tell him about it. You never know with Meadow Middle School kids. Mrs. Norburry once said, "Meadow kids are a different breed."

Mrs. Norburry is currently right in front of me telling the story about how she became a history teacher for the 50th time.

"Most of my relatives were surprised I didn't go into math like my father, but what they don't know is that I got my love of history from him too,"

I roll my eyes internally as I focus back on my assignment. My table is in the front and middle so Mrs. Norburry always talks to us randomly. It's probably because of Sasha who is a giant teacher's pet. Mrs. Norburry loves her for God knows what reason.

Right in the middle of her sentence, the bell rings. I push my chair back, grab my backpack, and make my way out of the class. In the classroom next door the Meadow kids pile out, all of them laughing and yelling as usual. Meadow Middle School is for the kids whose parents want them to be musicians and the kids who transferred when they decided to pursue music so they have 2 special classes to fit their schedule. They have a separate history class since there is so many of them and there isn't enough space to fit them with the normal history or Pre-AP history classes. So in 6th period, they join the band kids.

"Helka!" A voice interrupts my thoughts and I realize it's Justice waving me over. Next to her is Nathaniel and Mara.

Shit, I think. I compose myself while I walk over. "Whats up?" I ask, trying not to let my voice shake.

"What do you think about Seamus?" she asks, winking at me in a way that Nathaniel and Mara don't see.

God, she's so cringe. Though I can't really be talking. I think back to trying to talk to Mara so I could get Nathaniel's attention.

I shrug, "He's cute, but kind of in a little kid way. I've never met him. Why?"

Did Nathaniel's eyes just narrow? No, I probably just imagined it.

"We are trying to set him up with someone?"

"She doesn't want to date him," Nathaniel interrupts.

Excuse me?

"I think I can speak for myself," I frown at him. "I have to go." I stalk off. Ok maybe I was a bit dramatic but that was an asshole move, what can I say.