Hyuna pumped her fist in the air, a victorious grin spreading across her face. "Excellent! Now, let's get started. First things first, we need to decide on the menu."

They spent the next hour poring over cookbooks, their playful banter filling the air. Thankfully, they didn't have to worry about the cooking itself – Hyuna, ever the queen of multitasking, had alerted the maids to prepare their special requests. They decided on a menu that would make Jungkook's taste buds sing – his favorite japchae, a comforting concoction of stir-fried glass noodles and vegetables, followed by a juicy and tender bulgogi (marinated beef) barbecue. Dessert would be a decadent chocolate cake, a recipe Hyuna had perfected over the years.

While Hyuna supervised the maids in the kitchen, ensuring the perfect execution of their culinary masterpiece, Taehyung raided the attic, returning with a dusty box filled with old decorations. Inside, nestled amongst faded streamers and paper lanterns, they found a box of rose petals, a remnant of a Valentine's Day celebration long forgotten.

"Well, these will have to do," Hyuna remarked with a laugh, holding up a handful of the petals, their color slightly dulled by time.

Despite their age, the rose petals held a certain charm. Taehyung carefully spread them on the living room rug, creating a heart-shaped pattern in the center. He then raided the kitchen for candles, strategically placing them around the room to create a warm and inviting ambiance.

The aroma of sizzling bulgogi soon filled the air, mingling with the sweet scent of Hyuna's famous chocolate cake baking in the oven. Laughter and playful conversation flowed freely as they worked, a sense of anticipation and excitement building with each passing moment.

"Do you think they'll be surprised?" Hyuna asked, adjusting a flickering candle on the coffee table.

"Oh, absolutely," Taehyung replied confidently. "Jungkook especially – he loves a good surprise."

"And your father?" Hyuna raised an eyebrow playfully. "Do you think this old dog can learn new tricks?"

Taehyung chuckled. "Knowing Appa, he'll probably trip over the rose petals and blame it on the maids," he teased.

Hyuna laughed, shaking her head fondly. "Don't be mean, honey. He's trying, in his own awkward way."

A comfortable silence settled between them for a moment, broken only by the soft crackling of the fireplace and the gentle hum of the oven. The house, usually bustling with activity, felt serene, filled with the anticipation of a special occasion.

Just as they were putting the finishing touches on their surprise, the sound of a car pulling into the driveway reached their ears. Taehyung and Hyuna exchanged excited glances, their smiles mirroring the anticipation in their hearts.

"Operation Surprise Date Night is about to begin," Hyuna declared, a playful glint in her eyes.

Taehyung grinned. "Let's do this."

They scurried behind the living room sofa, peeking over the edge to observe the scene unfolding before them. The front door creaked open, revealing a slightly disheveled Taejun and a wide-eyed Jungkook.

Taejun, his hair windblown and a playful smile on his lips, looked around the house in surprise. "Hyuna? Tae?" he called out, his voice laced with a hint of confusion.

Jungkook, however, seemed to have noticed something amiss. His gaze fell on the scattered rose petals and the flickering candles, a flicker of recognition dawning on his face. Before he could utter a word, Taehyung and Hyuna emerged from their hiding place, arms outstretched and faces beaming with mischief.

"Surprise!" they chorused in unison.

Taejun's initial confusion melted into a bewildered smile. "Hyuna babe, what... what is all this?"