chapter 14

....

"Loss leaves a heartache no one can heal, but love leaves a memory no one can steal."

                             ~ Richard Puz

....

The  day of the singing competition had arrived, and Jungkook felt a mixture of excitement and nerves. As he stood in front of the mirror in his room, he took a deep breath, surveying the reflection that stared back at him.

The room was filled with the soft hum of anticipation as Jungkook prepared himself for the performance. He adjusted the collar of his outfit, a simple yet stylish ensemble chosen for the occasion. The nerves were there, undoubtedly, but there was also a fire within him, a determination to give it his all on that stage.

His mind drifted to his late grandmother, the woman who had always encouraged him to pursue his passion for singing. Memories of her humming tunes while preparing meals and sharing bedtime lullabies flooded his thoughts. She had been his biggest supporter, and he was determined to make her proud.

As Jungkook slicked back his hair, his eyes met those in the mirror – eyes that reflected a blend of anticipation and resolve. He remembered the times when he had been bullied for his love of singing, for being different. But today, on this stage, he aimed to turn those echoes of pain into a melody of triumph.

With the competition being just moments away, Jungkook's mind became a canvas of reflection. He thought about the significance of this performance, not just as a competition but as a testament to his journey, his resilience, and his growth.

"I can do this," he whispered to himself, a mantra of self-assurance. He remembered the words his grandmother used to say, emphasizing the value of effort, dedication, and passion over the outcome. It wasn't just about winning; it was about pouring his heart and soul into the music.

The room was adorned with memories – a framed picture of his grandmother, a small bouquet of flowers, and a handwritten note from Eunwoo, wishing him luck. Each item held a special place in his heart, serving as a source of inspiration.

Jungkook reached for his guitar, its familiar weight grounding him. He strummed a few chords, the notes resonating through the room. The melody was more than just music; it was a reminder of the journey that led him to this moment.

As he continued to prepare, Jungkook's thoughts became a reflection on the transformative power of music. It had been his solace during challenging times, a companion in moments of solitude. And now, it was his vehicle for self-expression on a grand stage.

The minutes ticked away, and it was time to leave for the venue. Jungkook took one last glance in the mirror, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. He was ready – ready to step onto that stage, ready to share his voice with the world.

...

The atmosphere in Tae's room was charged with a blend of excitement and tension. The singing competition was just around the corner, and Tae found himself caught in a whirlwind of emotions as he prepared for the performance with Jungkook.

As he meticulously adjusted his outfit in front of the mirror, Tae's mind was focused on the task at hand. The room was adorned with the subtle fragrance of anticipation, the air filled with the soft hum of a melody waiting to be born.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, and Yugyeom stepped into the room, holding a bouquet of flowers. His face lit up with a charming smile, a gesture meant to convey affection and support for his boyfriend's upcoming performance.