chapter 19

....

"In the depths of loss, where echoes of departed voices resonate, one may find themselves adrift, drowning in a sea of emotions, longing for the shores of solace."

....

Jungkook's eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the soft morning light filtering through the window. Confusion clouded his thoughts for a moment as he took in his surroundings. Then the events of the previous night flooded back, and he realized he was in Taehyung's room. He remembered his sudden retreat from the world, seeking solace in the familiarity of Tae's space.

As he sat up, he noticed the sofa in the room occupied by a restless figure. Tae was slumped on it, his features softened by the vulnerable grasp of sleep. Guilt surged within Jungkook, tangling with the remnants of confusion. He questioned why Tae had spent the night in the chair, forgoing his own comfort.

Careful not to disturb Tae's rest, Jungkook slipped off the bed and approached him with silent footsteps

Careful not to disturb Tae's rest, Jungkook slipped off the bed and approached him with silent footsteps. He studied the peaceful lines of Tae's face, wondering how he had managed to fall asleep in such an uncomfortable position. It struck him that, once again, his actions had an unintended impact on those who cared about him.

Jungkook couldn't shake the feeling that he was the source of Tae's restless sleep. He thought of how often he had witnessed that look of concern in Tae's eyes, the protective stance that Tae assumed as if shielding him from the world. The realization left Jungkook with a weight on his chest—the heaviness of gratitude and an equal measure of guilt.

He found himself whispering, as if the quiet confession wouldn't disturb Tae's slumber, "I'm sorry, Tae hyung. I never wanted to burden you like this."

Tae stirred slightly, but his eyes remained closed, still immersed in the world of dreams. Jungkook retreated to the window, gazing outside at the morning unfolding. The world seemed quieter, cocooned in the serenity of dawn. He grappled with his own emotions, the turmoil that had become a constant companion in the recent chapters of his life.

The creaking sound brought Jungkook's attention back to Tae, who was slowly waking. Tae stretched, yawning as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He blinked, adjusting to the room, and finally noticed Jungkook by the window.

" Hyung," Jungkook started, uncertain how to express the whirlwind of thoughts in his mind.

Tae smiled gently, his eyes still heavy with drowsiness. "Good morning, Kook. Slept well?"

Jungkook hesitated before nodding. "Yeah. Hyung, why did you sleep on the chair? You should have taken the bed. I don't want to be a burden, hyung. I've caused you so much trouble already."

Tae's expression softened, understanding etched in his eyes. He walked over, placing a reassuring hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "You're not a burden, Jungkook. We care about you, and we want to help. But if you need space, we'll respect that too."