Chapter 33

"Sometimes all it takes is a new perspective to see the magic in the ordinary."

                                                                                                  - Voltaire

                                                                          _⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_

The weight of the day settled on Taehyung's shoulders like a lead cloak as he stepped out of his sleek black car and into the familiar embrace of his  home. Being CEO of his father's business empire came with its fair share of rewards – a corner office with a breathtaking view, a hefty paycheck, and the power to call the shots. But tonight, all he craved was the comfort of his own home and the warmth of a familiar embrace.

He unlocked the door, the familiar scent of freshly brewed tea and Hyuna's comforting presence washing over him. "Eomma?" he called out, his voice laced with a tired sigh.

Hyuna, radiant as always, emerged from the kitchen, a warm smile gracing her lips. "There you are, honey! You look beat," she observed, ushering him towards the living room sofa.

Taehyung slumped onto the plush cushions, letting out a groan that spoke volumes. "Exhausted wouldn't even begin to describe it," he mumbled, kicking off his shoes with a tired huff. "Those quarterly reports... ugh, don't even get me started."

Hyuna chuckled, her eyes crinkling at the corners. "Well, come on then," she coaxed, patting the space beside him. "Let Eomma work her magic. A little cuddle session is exactly what the doctor ordered."

Taehyung readily complied, snuggling into his mother's side, her gentle touch a soothing balm to his weary soul. "So, where's everyone?" he asked after a moment of comfortable silence.

"Ah, your father took our baby bun out for the evening," Hyuna replied, her voice laced with a playful lilt. "Apparently, Jungkook's been swamped with college work for the past two weeks, and your father decided he deserved a break."

Taehyung's smile faltered slightly. "My baby bun, huh?" he teased, a playful pout forming on his lips. "Seems like someone's stealing my boyfriend."

Hyuna burst out laughing, the sound ringing through the room like wind chimes. "Oh, please! As if you wouldn't do the same for him," she countered, swatting his arm playfully. "Besides, your Appa wanted to watch a movie with his bunny for a very long time so."

A mischievous glint sparked in Hyuna's eyes. "Speaking of spending time together," she began, her voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, "wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity to surprise them when they get back?"

Taehyung's head snapped up, a surge of interest replacing his tiredness. "Surprise them with what?"

Hyuna leaned forward, a sly smile playing on her lips. "A date night, silly! We can cook their favorite meal, light some candles, maybe even..." she trailed off, her voice dropping to a conspiratorial hush, "decorate the living room with rose petals?"

Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle at his mother's enthusiasm. He envisioned Jungkook's surprised face, his eyes sparkling with delight, and a warm feeling bloomed in his chest. "Rose petals, Eomma? Really?"

Hyuna feigned offense, clutching her heart dramatically. "Hey, a little romance never hurt anyone! Besides, your father could use a little reminder of how lucky he is."

The playful banter brought a smile back to Taehyung's face. He had to admit, his mother's plan was appealing. The thought of spoiling Jungkook rotten and spending a romantic evening together after a long week put a pep in his step. "Alright, Eomma. You're on," he declared, a glint of excitement in his eyes. "Operation Surprise Date Night, commence!"