chapter 17

....

"In the chaos of life, we discover our strength not only in the battles we fight for others but in the fierce determination to protect those we care about, even if it means facing the darkest corners of our own emotions."

....

Taehyung, fueled by a mix of anger and concern for Jungkook, approached Eunwoo and Yugyeom with a determined stride. His gaze bore into Eunwoo, who seemed unperturbed by the approaching confrontation.

Eunwoo, leaning against a wall, seemed unfazed by the repercussions of his actions. He looked up casually as Tae approached, a nonchalant expression on his face. Tae's eyes bore into Eunwoo, his frustration and disbelief simmering beneath the surface.

Ignoring Yugyeom as if he were a mere specter, Tae halted in front of Eunwoo, his voice carrying a sharp edge. "Eunwoo, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you have any idea what you've done to Jungkook?"

Tae demanded, his voice laced with a mixture of anger and desperation. "How could you do that to Jungkook? He trusted you, loved you, and you just... betrayed him like that."

Eunwoo, seemingly unaffected, raised an eyebrow. "Betrayal? Taehyung, don't be so melodramatic. We were just having some fun. Jungkook will get over it."

Tae's fists clenched in frustration. "Fun? Is that what you call it? You knew how much Jungkook cared about you, and you just played with his feelings like it meant nothing. Do you even have a heart?"

Eunwoo chuckled, an arrogant smirk playing on his lips. "Tae, my dear, it's not my fault if Jungkook can't handle a little complexity. He's always been too sensitive for his own good."

Tae's frustration boiled over into anger. "Sensitive? You call his trust and love a weakness? You're the one who's heartless here, Eunwoo. You've always been."

Eunwoo, looking nonchalant, raised an eyebrow. "I don't see why I should be bothered. Jungkook should have known better than to get involved."

Tae's frustration simmered beneath the surface as he retorted, "Involved? He trusted you, cared about you, and you go and do this to him? What kind of boyfriend are you?"

Eunwoo, still seemingly unfazed, replied with a smirk, "Boyfriend..huhh!!! I'm the kind of person who doesn't tie myself down. Relationships are too much of a hassle."

Tae's patience wore thin as he snapped, "You played with Jungkook's feelings, and you have the audacity to stand here and act like it's nothing? What is wrong with you?"

Eunwoo chuckled dismissively, "Taehyung, you're overreacting. People come and go. He'll find someone else to latch onto."

Tae, his frustration reaching a boiling point, couldn't believe the callousness in Eunwoo's attitude. "Jungkook isn't just 'people.' He's a person with feelings, with a heart. You used him, and now you're brushing it off like it's nothing."

Eunwoo's indifference remained unshaken. "He should toughen up. Life's not a fairytale. People get hurt. He'll get over it."

Tae's hands clenched into fists as he seethed with anger. "You're heartless bastard. You don't care about anyone but yourself. You've hurt someone who genuinely cared about you, and you stand here without an ounce of remorse. You know he fought with us , me..Jimin just to be with your pathetic ass"

Eunwoo shrugged, "Feelings are overrated. If Jungkook couldn't handle it, that's his problem."

Tae, unable to contain his anger any longer, spat out, "You're a disgrace. Jungkook deserves better than someone like you."