chapter 24

...

"We'll get through this together."

...

Jungkook stumbled into his dorm room, the weight of Yugyeom's words pressing down on him like a suffocating blanket. His mind was a chaotic storm, Yugyeom's accusations replaying on a loop. Was it true? Had he unknowingly disrupted Taehyung's relationship with Yugyeom? The thought filled him with a dread that gnawed at his insides.

But then a tiny spark of defiance flickered within him. Why should he take Yugyeom's word as gospel? He knew his ex had a habit of twisting the truth to suit his own narrative. But the nagging doubt remained, a persistent itch he desperately wanted to scratch.

However, the thought of approaching Taehyung about it sent a fresh wave of anxiety crashing over him. What if the conversation got messy and made Taehyung uncomfortable? What if, worst case scenario, Yugyeom was somehow right and Taehyung harbored feelings he couldn't express? The fear of rejection, of being alone again, was a familiar monster clawing its way out of the depths of his past. So he decided in that moment that he will not tell Tae about his encounter with Yugyeom.

Suddenly, a sharp, unfamiliar sensation pulsed in his lower abdomen. It was a warmth, a wetness, that sent a jolt of terror through him. He fumbled with his pants, a sickening feeling spreading as his fingers came away stained crimson. Blood. There was blood.

Panic erupted within him, a relentless storm that drowned out all rational thought. His baby, his tiny miracle – what if something was wrong? What if Yugyeom's negativity had somehow manifested, a curse on his happiness?

He stumbled towards the bed, his vision blurring with tears that mingled with the cold sweat slicking his skin. His breath hitched in short, desperate gasps as the pain intensified. The air around him seemed to thin out, making it difficult to breathe. He was trapped, drowning in a sea of terror and pain.

His hands clawed at the sheets, the fabric offering a flimsy sense of security. Every fiber of his being screamed for help, for someone to be there, to hold him through this nightmare. But Jimin and Taehyung were gone, consumed by their own exams. He was utterly alone, a reality that only amplified his fear.

A choked sob escaped his lips as his body convulsed, wracked by a full-blown panic attack. His vision tunneled, the room around him shrinking until all he could see was the crimson stain spreading on his pants. The baby… the baby… his mind chanted a frantic mantra.

His legs gave way beneath him, sending him crashing to the floor in a heap. The impact jolted him back to a semblance of reality, but the panic remained, a tight coil constricting his chest. He had to get help, he had to call someone. But his trembling hands fumbled with his phone, unable to locate the right numbers.

Through the haze of his panic, a memory flickered in his mind. A conversation with Taehyung from a few weeks ago, something about an emergency contact list on the refrigerator. With renewed desperation, he forced himself onto his hands and knees and crawled towards the kitchen.

The refrigerator door seemed miles away, but he kept crawling, fueled by the primal urge to protect his baby. When he finally reached it, he slumped against the cool metal, his vision swimming. There, in Taehyung's neat handwriting, was a list of emergency numbers.

With trembling fingers, he dialed the first number on the list – The Genesis Clinic. The phone rang endlessly, each unanswered ring adding to his growing fear. He dialed again, and again, but the line remained dead.

His chest tightened, the air feeling thin and suffocating. Just as despair threatened to consume him, the phone finally rang on the other end. A tired voice answered, " The Genesis clinic, this is Sarah speaking."