Chapter 2

.............

'Keeping a lot to myself, because it is hard to find someone who understands.'

.............

October 2

As the clock struck midnight, and the house had fallen into darkness. Soft footsteps clicked along the corridor as 16 Year-old Jungkook tiptoed into his grandmother's room, carrying a little birthday cake. With a bunny grin, he softly opened the door.

Grandma awoke, her eyes slowly adapting to the dark lighting. "What's going on baby?"

 "What's going on baby?"

( Credits to the rightful owner

( Credits to the rightful owner.)

"Happy birthday, Mahi maa~~!" Jungkook muttered as she placed the cake on her bedside table. The candles flickered, creating a pleasant light. "I wanted to surprise you at midnight and see I baked your favourite chocolate cake."

Grandma's eyes welled up with tears as she noticed the cutest cake her made for her. "Oh, sweetheart, you didn't have to....aishh why do you always make this oldie emotional."

Jungkook reacted with his eyes, "Oh, Mahi maa, you're not old. You're just experienced, like a fine wine."

Granny folded her arms and lifted one eyebrow. "Nice wine, huh?" "It's more like a collection of old wines."

Jungkook smiled and said, "You are a unique and gaining value like an old wine at least."

She sighed heavily and said, "Oh, kookie, please go easy on me; I might need a cane soon to keep up with everything."

He laughed and said, 'Age is just a number maa.'"

She grinned and said, "It's a big, obvious amount, dear." But I'll take it gracefully, like a true oldie.

The grandma and grandson's conversation went on, creating a happy moment that showed how much they care for each other.

After cutting and feeding her baby the biggest piece of cake Grandma tucked him into bed, gently fixing the covers over him with love. She whispered, "Have sweet dreams, my dear. Sleep well, and don't forget, I love you so much!"