Chapter 1

...........

'THE WORST KIND OF SADNESS IS NOT BEING ABLE TO EXPLAIN WHY.'

..........

Ok so before starting I want to clarify some things....

✧ Parents often find out their child is intersex at birth, but not always. Healthcare providers sometimes detect atypical sex development during an ultrasound before a baby is born.

✧ Many people who are intersex can get pregnant. While people who are intersex may have differences in their anatomy, chromosomes, and/or hormones that can impact their ability to get pregnant, many intersex people have ovaries and/or testes that can produce eggs or sperm, which can lead to a pregnancy.

So remember this story will include mpreg . If anyone feels uncomfortable they can skip this story. Thankyou.

                        ^⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠^

1st September 1997

In a softly lit hospital room, jihun clenched the nurse's hand, beads of sweat forming on her forehead. The rhythmic sounds of medical equipment filled the air as the nurse guided her through each contraction. With determined focus, Jihun pushed, her face contorted with effort.

The delivery was swift, and soon the room filled with the cries of two newborns. Jihun's eyes welled up with a mix of exhaustion and surprise as the nurse carefully placed both infants in her arms.

A boy and a non-binary (intersex male), nestled against their mother's warmth. However, as Jihun gazed upon them, an unexpected wave of emotions surged through her. One baby's cry seemed to resonate deeper within her, sparking an immediate connection, while the other's cries felt like an unfamiliar echo.

 One baby's cry seemed to resonate deeper within her, sparking an immediate connection, while the other's cries felt like an unfamiliar echo

"I... I can't," Jihun stammered, her eyes fixed on the two tiny faces. The nurse exchanged a concerned glance with the doctor, realizing the complexity of the situation.

Jihun hesitated for a moment before gently passing one of the babies back to the nurse. "I choose him," she whispered, her voice filled with an unusual mix of guilt and resolve.

The room fell into an uneasy silence as the nurse took the other baby away, leaving Jihun alone with the baby boy. The conflicting emotions played across her face, highlighting the heart-wrenching reality of choosing between two lives that had just begun.

......

In the crowded hospital ward, a newborn's continuous sobs resonated through the air, lost among the rushed hospital corridors. The nurses were busy in their own jobs that they became oblivious to the need of comfort the infant wanted.

 The nurses were busy in their own jobs that they became oblivious to the need of comfort the infant wanted

As the baby's cries became louder, a lady in her early 60's spotted the neglected sight. With a compassionate look, she approached the baby and gently touched the frightened child. In that brief time, among the hospital's nonstop activity, a bond was formed: a silent acknowledgement of the baby's need.

.......

In the other room of the hospital, Jihun and Daewoo sat on the bed , the weight of an unspoken dilemma settling between them. Their newborn baby boy sleeping peacefully in the crib placed in the side of the room, unaware of the difficult conversation unfolding.

Daewoo spoke with a heavy sigh, "Jihun, we can barely make ends meet. Raising twins is overwhelming, and it will also affect our reputation as one of the twins has DSD( disorder of sex development), it will be a huge shame for our family. Maybe we should consider giving it to someone or just leave it in the hospital."

Daewoo struggled to find the right words, "We have to be realistic. We want what's best for us, don't we?"

As Jihun was about to say something, a very furious lady barged into their room . Jihun and Daewoo, the weight of their decision heavy on their shoulders, stood before her, unable to meet her piercing gaze.

"How could you?" Jihun's mother's voice trembled with a mix of disbelief and fury. "Abandoning your own child? What kind of parents are you?"

jihun's tears streaming down her face, struggled to find words. "Mom, it's not like that. W..We thought it would be better for everyone, fo..for all of us."

Her mother interrupted, her frustration boiling over, "Better? Is it better to abandon your own flesh and blood? You don't get to decide what's better for the baby without even trying!"

Daewoo, his shoulders slumped, added, "We're drowning, financially and moreover this baby would just bring disgrace in our lives."

Jihun's mother, shook her head in disbelief. "There's always a way, You don't just cast away your child like unwanted baggage."

The couple were left speechless, but after seeing their reactions she left the room with a sorrowful heart but a firm determination
to give a better and deserving life to her JUNGKOOK.

The couple were left speechless, but after seeing their reactions she left the room with a sorrowful heart but a firm determinationto give a better and deserving life to her JUNGKOOK

............

(⁠•⁠‿⁠•⁠)

Hello guysss..
So it's the first chapter and to be honest it was so difficult to express myself in words, hats off to the writers out there who have this talent..👑

Anyways so do tell me how was it and also tell me if the way I'm writing is ok or not ..💜💚