Chapter 60 - Grimm Uncertainty

You found yourself making your way through the castle. The staff was all abuzz about the announcement that their princess was going to have a coming-of-age celebration in honor of her sixteenth birthday. Explaining the plan to Marie and Henry was an easier conversation than you and Sean had expected. If anything, they were more excited at the prospect of the triplets visiting than the overall concern of a rogue Hexenbiest coven planning on kidnapping them. Both of them knowing that you and Sean, their Uncle Nick and Aunt Adalind, Uncle Monroe and Aunt Rosalee, Elizabeth, Trubel, Eve, Meisner, and your entire guard wouldn't let something like that happen. You had to admit to yourself, you and your family were quite the force to be reckoned with.

You walked down the hall that was filled with the various training rooms of the guard, glancing through the doors to see how they were progressing. Trubel was busy working with your children's guard. You smiled to yourself at how well Trubel had become a leader and eagerly took the role of protecting your children. As you passed, you then saw Eve working with Marie, teaching her common defensive tactics, something that you and Sean agreed that as soon as the children were old enough to walk and talk, they would be trained in. The next room you passed held Nick, working closely with your youngest and your nephew Kelly. Charlie had no hint of Zauberbiest in him, but he was all Grimm, much like Kelly. Nick had taken it upon himself to make sure both boys were well trained as Grimms, so they would one day carryon the family legacy. The last training room you passed held Meisner, Sean, and Henry.

Henry was fierce as a Zauberbiest and while he often would come off as arrogant, he was fiercely protective of his family. After all, he did woge in the womb when Boneparte had tried to kill you. You watched in awe as Sean and Meisner worked with him, teaching him control over his own strength. It wasn't something that had been discussed with the children just yet, but you and Sean had already made the decision of who would take the throne when you both decided to step down. Henry would make a good king.

Moving along the hallway, you made it to the last wooden door at the end, opening it to reveal the spiral staircase that led up to Elizabeth and Adalind's potion room. Gently pushing the door open, you entered to find Elizabeth inspecting a large dagger as Adalind was hunched over a cauldron in the far corner.

"Figure anything out?" you asked as you made your way over to the book that was laid open on the table in the middle of the room.

"We've found a poison. It won't kill them, but it will slow them down," Adalind said as she stepped away from the cauldron.

"Okay, so we slow them down, but then what do we do?" you asked.

"You kill them. Their human side and their Hexenbiest side," Elizabeth said as she handed you the dagger.

You raised an eyebrow as you looked down at it. "Only one? Is this supposed to be for the entire coven?"

Elizabeth smirked as she made her way over to an armoire, throwing the doors open to reveal rows upon rows of daggers. "Will this be enough?"

********

You were making your way back to the main hall of the castle when you heard squealing in the distance. Rolling your eyes, you picked up your pace and entered the foyer of the castle to see Marie hugging Emily, Monroe and Rosalee's daughter, as their boys, Alexander and Freddie, were talking animatedly with Henry. You saw Monroe and Rosalee walk in, laughing with Nick as he helped carry their bags in. Rosalee looked up and instantly smiled when she saw you.

"(Y/N)!" she exclaimed as she made her way over and hugged you close. You returned the hug, instantly relaxing, knowing your best friend was finally here.

"How was your flight?" you asked as you pulled away to hug Monroe.

"It was good. You really didn't need to send us a private jet," Rosalee said as Monroe stood next to her.